Official Review: College the no-debt way by Bob Adebayo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Official Review: College the no-debt way by Bob Adebayo

Post by Mely918 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "College the no-debt way" by Bob Adebayo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book College the no-debt way by Bob Adebayo provides advice for incoming college students and their parents on the ways in which they can get through college without accumulating any debt. College is undoubtedly very expensive in the U.S. Yet, society places a great amount of importance in obtaining a bachelor’s degree. It is, therefore, beneficial for students to become informed of ways to avoid student debt. This book gives valuable information on how to achieve that.

One of the main emphases of the book is the fact that there are multiple ways of getting through college debt-free. Adebayo interviewed several debt-free students to give insight into the many ways one can save money during college. He also compiled knowledge on grants and credits throughout the novel. Additionally, he tells his readers of the strategic approaches they can take to avoid student loans and debt. One of the biggest takeaways is knowing that most students who have no loans to pay off after college started working towards that goal from an early age.

I found a lot of the information in this book incredibly valuable. This is the kind of book that I believe should be inside all college career centers in high schools. It’s great that there are many accounts from debt-free students on the steps they took to achieve that. Those interviews make the idea of leaving college without any debt more attainable. Furthermore, Adebayo’s novel is very informative and goes in-depth on the various ways that students can start saving money as early as high school. It is clear that the author did extensive research for this book, which makes it all the more important for both high school students and incoming college freshmen to read. There is so much that they can learn from reading this book, and it can potentially allow many to live a more stress-free life after college.

There is not much that I have to criticize about this book. The only thing would be the errors that I found. There was a total of nine mistakes. It wasn’t anything major, and they did not distract from the overall content of the novel. The errors occurred within the first half of the book. The second half had near perfect grammar. My only suggestion would be to polish up on that first half so that it remains consistent with the rest of the book.

Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The topic that the author touched upon is a very important one. Too many people leave college with a debilitating amount of debt. It’s definitely necessary to inform students of ways they can avoid that. This book is an amazing read. All it needs is a bit more editing so that it doesn’t look as messy at the beginning. I would certainly recommend this novel to high school and college students as well as their parents. This is an informative read for everyone, so I cannot say that I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

College the no-debt way
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mely918's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

With the amount of student loans I have, I would have liked to have read this before I went to college. Nevertheless, I think there are some majors that you just can't avoid accumulating debt. I still would have liked to see what the author has to say though. It's a bit too late for me, now. I'll pass, but thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like a good resource. I would like to know more about the strategies he suggested.
amybo82
Favorite Author: David Sedaris
Favorite Book: cannot pick just one
Currently Reading: Calypso
Bookshelf Size: 1517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amybo82.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of The Gorilla Billies by Mark J Stopford
Reading Device: B00TA9FD2M
Publishing Contest Votes: 17
fav_author_id: 2790

Post by amybo82 »

There are lots of books out there about reducing college debt, but this one sounds unique in the way it brings in stories from real people about what they did to exit college debt-free. It sounds like an interesting reference.
A book is a dream that you hold in your hand. –Neil Gaiman
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

I guess all students should read this book because information is power! Great review.
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

This book should be turned into a class taught during the sophomore or junior years of high school!
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I love books that help us save money! I will keep this one in mind to recommend to college-bound students. Thanks for your informative review.
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

This will be very beneficial to people who want to acquire education but do not have that much resources at hand. i am glad that the author made the points he gave practical. Great review.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

I am grateful I was able to go through college without student loans. I see how much debt bothers many and this book seems like just what people need to avoid the vicious cycle of student loans. I hope it will be of help. Thanks for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Rayasaurus »

I’m very glad that I’m counted in the number of students who do not have any debt. I just got very lucky, I suppose.
Goldencheese3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goldencheese3.html
Latest Review: Code Name: Dodger by Eric Auxier

Post by Goldencheese3 »

Amazing review. Makes me want to read the book now! Thanks.
Akinsemoyin Adeola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinsemoyin-adeola.html
Latest Review: A Secret Life by Mina Bancheva

Post by Akinsemoyin Adeola »

This would be an exciting and educative book to read. It'd be nice to know how one can stay debt free while trying to get a college degree.
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

What an important topic. Kids are just being saddled with so much debt these days. I imagine the long-term planning is the key. Thanks for a great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

This is a very useful and important book. I don't live in the States, but I'm aware of how expensive attending college in the USA can be and how crippling student debt is for graduates. I'm glad this book offers so many resources to help them.
Great review, thanks!
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I was a full government scholar with stipends for my bachelor's degree, and I already had a job when I started and completed my MBA a year after. Thus, I didn't incur any college debt. With that in mind, I definitely agree with the advantages that this book aims to achieve. My oldest son is going to university next year, so I've just placed this on my reading list even if he may be smarter than I would've already expected him to be.

Thank you for your compelling review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”