Review by Rennice -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Rennice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rennice.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by Rennice -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta...

Post by Rennice » 31 Dec 2018, 15:50

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mark L Wdowiak’s “if life stinks, get your head outta your but" is the motivational book that gives the reader some tough love to get through their challenges. The book forces you to be reflective when assessing yourself, teaching that self-improvement is crucial to increasing your chances at achieving success.

The impressive part about this book is that it considers the impact self can have on one’s achievement, placing emphasis on self-development. Mark focused on mental health and how to deal with stress. I thought that this was outstanding, since we have to deal with failure when aiming for success.

He highlighted the issues the readers may have with holding on to the past, rather than using life as a tool to learn and obtain change. You will be challenged to dig deeper, identify what your weaknesses are and learn how to overcome life’s obstacles. He was sure to include encouraging words and potent advice based on his own experiences to guide the reader.

I enjoyed how the book is broken down into different sections, making it an interesting and easy read. The different sections adhered to the theme of moving forward (crawling, walking and running). In each of these sections, Mark talks about the journey involved in moving forward, I think it is unique how he tied it all together. I personally did not encounter any grammatical errors, other than the “outta” in the title and “waay” on page 300 which might have been intentional.

I thought it was important to be specific about the context when writing. When speaking on success and similar key terms, Mark was clear in defining the term within the context of his motivational message. He was purposeful in his writing so you can clearly understand what he means by each term.

This book is perfect for the reader that is willing to actively take steps to improve their own situations. If you are looking to overcome fear, in need of motivation or simply looking for genuine and practical guidelines to improve how you feel about your abilities, this book is for you. I recommend this read to anyone from adolescent upward.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed how he communicates through the book and how he uses his own experiences as examples. I do enjoy a good self help book but I am not a fan of his over-exaggeration that after completing the book you will be a new person. The book is encouraging but I interpret those statements as misleading.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rennice's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”