Official Review: Decline Of The U.S. Presidency

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: Decline Of The U.S. Presidency

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Decline Of The U.S. Presidency" by John G. Anagnos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Decline of the U.S. Presidency chronicles the hidden truth of former president William Jefferson Clinton’s legacy. Political consultant John G. Anagnos presents a disturbing account in this bold book.

In the book, three main parts are covered: life before becoming president, Clinton’s presidency and his legacy. Hillary Rodham Clinton also appears in many parts of the account. While the former president’s time in office and departure will always be tied to his infamous affair, there are many dark hidden truths that many are still unaware of. Decline of the U.S. Presidency reveals many of Clinton’s affairs and his pattern of sexual abuse. It also provides details linking him to a drug operating operation and deaths that can be described as assassinations. The book reveals a man obsessed by his legacy who compromised the country’s safety for his selfish gain.

I liked that the author provides a list of references that aid further research. The book contains some shocking details, and therefore it is essential that the information included be backed by other sources. In between the text, other sources are also quoted. Not only does the list of references provide a guide for further reading, but also the sources add authenticity to the author’s words and point of view.

The book is also thoroughly edited. I found only one error. The organization of different sections is adeptly done and includes clear chapters that explore one topic at a time. This made reading seamless. It also ensured that I remained absorbed while reading the book.

I also appreciated the development of the story which provides a background of the former president’s life even before getting into office. The book includes his ascent to power, and key figures who played a role in helping him become the forty-second president of the U.S. Anagnos includes some perturbing patterns that began way before Clinton’s political career.

Reading about Hillary Rodham Clinton’s role in her husband’s career was eye-opening. Some themes stood out which gained my attention. This includes the Clintons’ greed for power and their continuous need to eliminate anyone and anything that stood in their way as they held on to power.

The title was misleading. Without the subtitle, the title gives the impression that what is included in the book refers to the U.S. Presidency in general and not a specific president’s tenure and legacy.

Readers who are fans of political biographies will find Decline of the U.S. Presidency by John G. Anagnos a sure treat while readers who avoid shocking accounts with political themes may not enjoy this book. I found it thrilling, shocking and eye-opening all at once. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

Decline Of The U.S. Presidency
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

This sounds absolutely fascinating and I would jump at the chance of reading this one. As the Clinton empire has once again come to the forefront over the last few years, I have developed a deep interest in their story. At last a book that reveals the truth. Many thanks for this wonderful review.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

This book sounds like an informative read. I will definitely check this book out. Thanks for the review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

The title is misleading. I'm not into politics but I like this one. Thank you.
:tiphat:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I really try hard not to get involved in politics. I also don't read books speaking of such in my spare time. Nevertheless, I will say that the world was talking about Hillary actually being president during the Clinton tenure. But now, we seem to have forgotten that. I'm glad that you found this enjoyable, but it's not for me. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

This sounds like an interesting read. I'm always intrigued by political works that unearth the true motivations and dirty secrets behind our politicians. It sounds like this author presented a credible account of Clinton's abusive secrets, with the fact that many sources are cited and mentioned. This is definitely going on my "Want to Read" list, since I can't stand the Clinton's.
:character-ariel:
JordanKSmith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordanksmith.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JordanKSmith »

That was a fantastic review! Yeah, the title could use a little work. When I read it, I immediately thought that it referred to the declining dignity of the position. It surprised me when I saw that it referred to a specific president.

While the book sounds great, there should not be any cognitive dissonance between the title, cover, and contents. Each one is a point that can shake off a potential customer.
If it looks bad, you've zoomed in too far.

Unconditional love is impossible until you can look at yourself without judgment.
(9 of 175 Books by 12/1/19)
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

A story that x-ays a former president's life is quite revealing.Maybe I might look it up in future.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”