Official Review: Formulas for the Soul by Jeremy Brown

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: Formulas for the Soul by Jeremy Brown

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

C-Extra22 wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 08:26 The book sounds a bit complex for me. I don't think I'm interested in reading this one.
I felt like the author would have an approachable style, except the editing problems drown out the points he tried to make. Thanks for reading and commenting!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

A book focused on how to get a God-centred, calm, and balanced life is uplifting and I really anticipate reading it. Nice review.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

C-Extra22 wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 08:26 The book sounds a bit complex for me. I don't think I'm interested in reading this one.
I definitely think there are others in the genre that are better organized and better editing, making for a smoother read. Thank you for reading and commenting!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

Sweet Psamy wrote: 11 Jan 2019, 10:33 A book focused on how to get a God-centred, calm, and balanced life is uplifting and I really anticipate reading it. Nice review.
I was very excited about it after reading the blurb, but the editing issues were rampant and distracting. Knowing exactly what to expect, though, will probably make it easier to just glean the positives from reading it. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for reading and replying.
Samantha Simoneau

PGreen
Currently Reading: Beneath the Muscle
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pgreen.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by PGreen »

If only we could reduce the Bible to formulas for life! It doesn't work that way. Apparently he thought 18 formulas was enough. Thanks for your candid and honest review.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

PGreen wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 15:52 If only we could reduce the Bible to formulas for life! It doesn't work that way. Apparently he thought 18 formulas was enough. Thanks for your candid and honest review.
Yeah, he might be heavily oversimplifying. Thank you for reading and commenting!
Samantha Simoneau

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”