Official Review: Tales of the Leap by Tatjana Webster

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Official Review: Tales of the Leap by Tatjana Webster

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tales of the Leap" by Tatjana Webster.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tales of the the Leap is an elegant narration of one medical doctor's adventures through life. It is written by Tatjana Webster, MD.

Tales of the Leap - there could not be a more fitting title for this book. The author shares with readers tales of her many courageous leaps into the unknown. What are the unknowns that she leaped has into? Well, Tatjana Webster's story begins in the communist country of Yugoslavia during World War II. After graduating from the University of Belgrade Medical School, she took a bold step into a foreign land, choosing to complete her internship in far-off England. She then made the difficult decision to take a position far from her beloved family in Sweden as a medical doctor. Later, she leaves Sweden for a research fellowship in the United States. Tales of the Leap captures the beauty, frailty, joy, and sorrow that is life.

A feature I particularly loved about this book is the beautiful poems written by the author that accompany many of the tales about her experiences. They capture raw, honest emotions and enhance the narration of her life story. Some of these poems expressed grief, sorrow, contentment, and love in their truest forms. The author has had her fair share of life's knocks and shares these delicately with her readers. Some of these knocks include divorce, yearning for children yet not bearing any, and the death of her cherished, loved ones.

The author includes her travels, adventures, and mini escapes through Europe, some parts of Asia, and America. I revelled over this as she sets the scene of each destination so clearly. She describes the architecture, landmarks, food, and atmosphere of each getaway destination so vividly. Aside from her travels she also describes everyday life in Yugoslavia, England, Sweden, and America, thus depicting the differences in culture in each country.

The only negative critique I can think of is how the author does not mention at which age different stages in her life occur. Like how old she was when she got married. After all, a lady never reveals her age! She provides a few key dates and a general idea of how many years lapsed between events, so readers can sort of piece a vague timeline together.

If you need a mini escape, you can certainly find one through the pages of Tales of the Leap. I recommend this book to those who enjoy autobiographies. I feel women will especially feel a deep connection with the author. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was immaculately edited and has beautiful content.

Tales of the Leap
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kelebogile Mbangi's review? Post a comment saying so!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

A doctor and a poet? Wow. I love stores of adventures, especially in the medical community. I can only imagine how much the author has seen. Thanks for the review. Seems like a well-written book.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

"Tales of the Leap captures the beauty, frailty, joy, and sorrow that is life." Wow, great line and great review. I'm sold on this one.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

What an interesting combination of experiences - and a beautiful book from the sound of your review. I think I would enjoy this one. Thanks for your engaging review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

Were there lots of medical terms in the book? This would help me know if I would read it.
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

Did the book have a lot of medical terms? This is what I don'the appreciate in books about the medical field.All the same, thanks for the indepth review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”