Review by dtindan -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dtindan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtindan.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by dtindan -- The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by dtindan » 13 Dec 2018, 22:33

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is down to earth guide for those seeking more to life than the mundane. The author includes his personal journey of discovering the inner world of the mind. Through our own awareness we can discover the nature of our consciousness and live a more fulfilled life. Learning about the “Isness” as Haight puts it, put to words something I’ve experienced but had no name for prior to reading. Through simple prose Haight explains a path toward greater awareness with ease.

The ego is something to overcome, and the concept of self is a belief system. These are a few of the wonderful insights I found while reading The Unbound Soul. Haight uses his own story of calling to inform the reader of what can be accomplished through sheer presence and awareness. Through discipline and careful watch of one’s own habits, anyone can achieve a sense of unfolding and presence of mind.

Haight uses many real-world examples to make the concepts he lays out easy to understand. The book itself is a pretty quick read. Many picking up this book are already open to the concept of spirituality and the soul. For those who aren’t the book has plenty of down to earth tips that would increase one's well-being in general. The references to science and healthy uncertainty towards the exact nature of the afterlife gives me a sense of the practical while illuminating the mystical. While some of the more abstract concepts in the beginning had me scratching my head I found the book quite enjoyable and enlightening. Allusions to science gives the book a sense of reality without undermining the overall message.

Those who are looking for a greater understanding of consciousness and well-being, but don’t know where to start, should definitely pick up this book. Especially those who feel they’ve been called towards the path of spiritual teaching.Those who are just starting their journey into the discovery of consciousness will benefit from this book. It is a good starting platform for those searching for “that thing” that has been missing from their spiritual development. While Haight doesn’t have all the answers one will surely learn something of value from picking it up. For those more skeptical of the supernatural might find themselves in disbelief, but the practical advice giving is something that we can all put to good use.

I give this book at 4 out of 4 for its accessibility and clear writing. I found no typographical or grammatical errors while reviewing this book and it was edited quite well.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like dtindan's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”