Featured Official Review: The Road to Trump by Shay McNeal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
praisecrown8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praisecrown8.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Re: Featured Official Review: The Road to Trump by Shay McNeal

Post by praisecrown8 »

Good work done by the author writing on the subject Trump.I sincerely wouldn't have loved to read anything about him.Since he got into power I have been up against him.
teresao
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teresao.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by teresao »

I think the idea of the book is an interesting one, with the format being a collection of news articles. I don't think I'd read it unless I had enough time to really research and look up current updates, but I like the idea of having a little historical background to better understand some of the current political happenings (e.g. knowing the history of North and South Korea is very helpful in understanding what is happening now). I thought the review was very well written and fair, considering how polarizing it is.
pradeep_chauhan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pradeep_chauhan »

I need to know more about this book. I got an inspiration from triumph so yeah i like the contents of the book gracefully
jahagen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jahagen.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by jahagen »

This sounds like it would certainly be an interesting read as it's a different stance than what most people take regarding Trump. I appreciate the fact that you did some fact checking since there's always more to the story. But it still sounds like the author did a decent job of remaining fairly objective with acknowledging some of his faults as well as some good things he has done. This was a very detailed and informative review, thank you!
Sundayelegbede123

Post by Sundayelegbede123 »

That’s a great one from the author,, Donald Trump is a good president and his so loyal to his people.
Sanskriti_Bindal

Post by Sanskriti_Bindal »

Book featuring trumph was a funny idea :lol: but the writer thought about the trump will surely help the people to change their mindset good work done by the writer ...you must go with this book
shitaneupane11

Post by shitaneupane11 »

I personally don't think comparing the numbers alone without comparing context is accurate enough. I can't say I agree with many of Trump's policies, but I am definitely rather intrigued to know what what she thinks of him. Thank you
homij419

Post by homij419 »

being controversial and being objective as nothing to do with the book we all know that change is constant and anywhere that undergo change some will benefit and send will not....my take is trump is putting Theunited state first as he has earlier said its AMERICAN FIRST........the book is interesting........the road to trump
Elijah2018
Currently Reading:

Post by Elijah2018 »

I think everybody has right to his/her own opinion and choice to make regarding anything in life. About the Trump books we do not have to crucify him as being a controversial politician. He likes objectivity that is all!
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

My biggest issue reading something like this is that most of the articles may have been written with bias in some way. Therefore, it's comforting to know that the author included a thorough analysis of the articles in terms of themes like immigration. I think it's refreshing to read an article analysis from a Trump supporter, since it has become more socially acceptable to be against Trump in every way. I am not the biggest fan of Trump, but I would like to read this so I can hear the other side.
:character-ariel:
Jessacardinal
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessacardinal.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jessacardinal »

This most definitely will be considered to be a controversial read. I will admit, political books and conversations are not something I enjoy spending my time discussing. I am glad this piece of work has been reported to be well-written though.
"Let's be reasonable and add an eighth day to the week that is devoted exclusively to reading." - Lena Dunham

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”