Official Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Sanguine-love by Iva Schubart

Post by gen_g »

SpencerVo wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 02:49 Self-help books are often hit-or-miss to me, as I find some of them quite preachy and impractical. But this book seems realistic and personal enough. There is some easy-to-apply advice, and self-love is indeed important. The grammatical and formatting errors are too unfortunate, but I'm still checking this book out later. Thank you for this well-written review!
I hope that you will enjoy the book as much as I did! (After the author has taken the book through a couple rounds of editing, hopefully.) Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment!
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I like how the author peppered her life story in this self-help book.

Thank you for the detailed review.
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Kajori50 wrote: 14 Dec 2018, 10:53 I like how the author peppered her life story in this self-help book.

Thank you for the detailed review.
Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment!
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginnamassa19.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Oh dear, this seems like it would be a good book--it's just a pity about the grammar errors :( Thank you for the great review though, as always! :)
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Ginnamassa19 wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 01:04 Oh dear, this seems like it would be a good book--it's just a pity about the grammar errors :( Thank you for the great review though, as always! :)
It really is a pity about the grammar errors! Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment as always!
Jagiine
Currently Reading: Children of Virtue and Vengeance
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jagiine.html
Latest Review: A Collection of Poetry by Cheree Scott

Post by Jagiine »

What a lovely review! I imagine understanding the author's journey before reading her advice greatly validated the wisdom she offered. I wish the editing wasn't so poor, but understand how writing a book in your second language could be difficult. I have worked with many EL students and personally hope more linguistic support is given to our EL scholars and writers.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Jagiine wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 16:43 What a lovely review! I imagine understanding the author's journey before reading her advice greatly validated the wisdom she offered. I wish the editing wasn't so poor, but understand how writing a book in your second language could be difficult. I have worked with many EL students and personally hope more linguistic support is given to our EL scholars and writers.
I definitely agree that writing a book in one's non-native language is a highly commendable effort! Working with EL students must be such an experience; it sounds fascinating! I'm not very well-versed in this issue, but more linguistic support is definitely a cause I can get behind.

Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment! :D
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

I find the title of this book interesting and a bit misleading, as I first thought it was a romance! Great review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Caylie_Cat wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 21:33 I find the title of this book interesting and a bit misleading, as I first thought it was a romance! Great review!
Oh, I suppose it could definitely be misleading! I did think it was related to romance when I first took it up for review too! Nonetheless, thanks for stopping by to leave a comment, I appreciate it!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

The errors sound like a major put-downer for this otherwise engaging read. I did not know what to expect from the book title, thanks for shedding light on that. Though I am not a great fan of motivational books, the author's journey might be inspiring to many. Thanks for the honest review!
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Caylie_Cat wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 21:33 I find the title of this book interesting and a bit misleading, as I first thought it was a romance! Great review!
Totally agree about the misleading title. I thought it was a vampire story, you know!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Shrabastee wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 03:36 The errors sound like a major put-downer for this otherwise engaging read. I did not know what to expect from the book title, thanks for shedding light on that. Though I am not a great fan of motivational books, the author's journey might be inspiring to many. Thanks for the honest review!
Totally agree about the misleading title. I thought it was a vampire story, you know!
I agree with you on both counts! Still, I think that the book would be a lot better after the errors are fixed. Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment!
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

If not for the numerous grammar and syntax errors, I think I just might have enjoyed this book a lot.

Great review, as always!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Samy Lax wrote: 17 Dec 2018, 23:39 If not for the numerous grammar and syntax errors, I think I just might have enjoyed this book a lot.

Great review, as always!
Hopefully, the author will polish up on just that. Thank you very much for stopping by, I appreciate it!
Sam55
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sam55 »

:D that is a nice one

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”