Review by Gemma_15 -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outt...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Gemma_15
Currently Reading: Protostar
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemma-15.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Review by Gemma_15 -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outt...

Post by Gemma_15 » 06 Dec 2018, 13:37

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s is a self-help book that starts strong and ends strong. It’s a book that gives advice to people who are in a position in their lives that they feel trapped in. It gives advice on how to stop repeating their actions, which are getting them nowhere new. It starts small, with figuring out what success means to you, recognizing that you really can have what you want, and how to get out of the cycles of making excuses and blaming others for your own shortcomings. Then, it delves into becoming self-aware, owning your thoughts, and working smarter rather than harder. It all culminates in a call to action for the reader.

There were so many parts of this book that were amazing. Mark L. Wdowiak writes as if he is really having a conversation with you, rather than just spewing advice at you. This makes it a breath of fresh air as a self-help book. He points out that the book could be seen as offensive to some people, as he is blunt and doesn’t hold back on the truth. But, I found myself shouting, “Yes! Thank you!” to so many of the points that he makes in the book. I found so many truths in the book that are applicable to my own life, and to the lives of many of my friends and family.

One thing that I didn’t like as much was that the author uses a lot of quotes. These quotes are all common, cliche terms that we hear on an almost daily basis. I wouldn’t have had an issue with the use of the quotes if it weren’t for the sheer volume of them. He makes it work for the book, though, and even uses humor when pointing out the irony of the quotes. So, it isn’t that bad, but can be somewhat annoying.

This book is really great for anyone who is looking for a change in their lives. It gives information and stepping stones to success that can be applicable for anyone, at any point in their lives. The book has some harsh truths, but sometimes that is what a person needs to inspire change in their lives. The techniques that the author gives are useful. Anyone can apply the changes in their everyday lives with a little effort and patience.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is extremely realistic. The author doesn’t hold anything back. He gives his own, real world, examples of things that he was doing that stopped him from achieving success. The book is extremely relatable, and at points it is even humorous. It is well edited and professional, while still being conversational.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Gemma_15's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”