Official Review: Mastery of Consciousness by Nandhiji Yogi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Natalie Charlene
Favorite Book: The Crux
Currently Reading: Cosmic Queries
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalie-charlene.html
Latest Review: The Bird Ride by Wade W. Bergner

Official Review: Mastery of Consciousness by Nandhiji Yogi

Post by Natalie Charlene »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mastery of Consciousness" by Nandhiji Yogi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mastery of Consciousness: Awaken the Inner Prophet by Tapasyogi Nandhiji is much more than your average guidebook; rather, it acts as a Guru, helping to guide any person who is interested in learning more about Siddhar culture, or those looking to understand meditation and yoga in order to enhance their consciousness.

The text is divided up into four sections, which begins with an introduction that explains how to use the subsequent passages, and it also contains the biography of Nandhiji. The guidebook moves on to several articles explaining different subjects that fall into consciousness, meditation, yoga, and Siddhar culture, before moving on to a series of interviews with Nandhiji and various questioners. The final section contains 108 Consciousness Sutras, each with their own beautiful pictures, which are designed for meditation and deep thinking.

I loved nearly everything about this book. The tone was calm and peaceful, and the material, while spiritual in nature, also supported the messages with scientific facts when applicable. While the main religion focused on throughout Mastery of Consciousness was Hinduism and Hindu Gods, Nandhiji aimed at including everyone, regardless of their religious or atheist beliefs, which supports his message that we are moving into “Oneness”. Although the book had a few typos and grammatical issues, this did not detract from the reading, and the decent editing job combined with the clean format resulted in a professional guidebook, which reads as credible.

However, Mastery of Consciousness is not merely a guidebook for meditation and yoga. It discusses history and culture, and contains some of the most breathtaking images from around the world, as well as featuring a few paintings by Nandhiji. There is something in this text for nearly everyone, and I would recommend it to any older teenager or adult who wants to learn more about Siddhar culture, understand meditation and yoga better, or who is looking for inspiration. The book does contain a small amount of nudity and discusses aspects of sexuality in a few sections, and while these sections are handled tastefully and are not graphic, the book may make some people uncomfortable.

I rate Mastery of Consciousness: Awaken the Inner Prophet 4 out of 4 stars. It is formatted wonderfully and easy to follow along with; it combines history, culture, and spirituality; and it is inclusive to people of all backgrounds. The images are spectacular, and the content is inspirational and aims to make the world a better place.

Mastery of Consciousness
View: on Bookshelves

Like Natalie Charlene's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This seems quite well organized. However, I really have no interest in the Siddhar culture. Glad you enjoyed this, but I'll pass. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

I'm not interested in this kind of spiritual book. the review is great though. kudus
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by daydreaming reader »

Sounds like an interesting read, especially in regards to meditation and yoga. Thank you for your great review.
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Ice dragon
Currently Reading: The last oracle
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ice-dragon.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Ice dragon »

Great review, you've sold me to the book as I love spirituality/life empowerment books and exploring different cultures.

Definitely adding this to my bookshelves
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I learned meditation from a Buddhist perspective and think I would enjoy this book about Hinduism. I appreciate that all faiths and beliefs are welcomed. You have written a really lovely review. Thank you.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”