Review by Jsovermyer -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Ou...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Jsovermyer
Currently Reading: The Face of Fear
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Review by Jsovermyer -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Ou...

Post by Jsovermyer » 02 Dec 2018, 23:50

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you want to be successful? Do you want to find happiness? Whatever you want out of life, you can achieve. This is the theme of Mark L Wdowiak’s book, If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts: A No-Nonsense Guide To Happiness And Success. Everyone wants to change something about their life, but constantly make excuses for not changing it. They say, "I would like to be successful, but I don’t have a college degree” or “ I would like to be healthier, but I don't have the time to cook healthy meals”. There is always a reason why they are not succeeding. There is always a "But". Mark L. Wdowiak wants you to get your head out of your buts. You need to stop making excuses and start changing your life for the better.

This book is divided into three areas: Crawling, Walking and Running. Just like a child learns to walk, so you need to learn to get what you want out of life step by step. You can’t expect to change yourself overnight. In the Crawling chapters, the author says that you must take responsibility for yourself and understand that if you are unhappy, it is no one’s fault but your own. You must learn to love yourself and put yourself first. This is not selfish. If you don't take care of yourself, then how are you going to take care of your family? Not everyone that reads the book will be successful because they might not be ready to seriously hear what is being said. Wdowiak says that when the student is ready, the teacher appears. In the Walking section, there are chapters on taking control of your thinking, breaking the habit of negative thinking, and finally building a foundation by deciding what you want to accomplish. In the Running area, the author warns that other people may be jealous of your success. They may not want you to change and may try to sabotage your efforts. But you must stay true to yourself and continue with your plan. Don’t give up.

One point that I really liked was that “life is a journey, not a destination”. You must enjoy each day and continue to try to achieve your goal. Several times in the book, Wdowiak told the reader to Google the story of the donkey in the well. I would encourage you to read this story too. It is a delightful parable about overcoming obstacles in your life.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts: A No-Nonsense Guide To Happiness And Success was written from the author’s own life experiences. His life was going nowhere until his successful friend gave him advice that helped him. With this book, Wdowiak hopes to pass on what he has learned to help others.

Many of the ideas in this book are common sense or things you might have heard before in other self-help books. But I liked the author’s fresh and honest approach to the subject matter. He doesn't try to sugar-coat anything. He tells it as he sees it. At the end of each chapter, you are encouraged to add your initial to the page to hold yourself accountable for what you have read. This device may help some readers commit to the material. However, eBook readers will not be able to benefit.

This book was filled with valuable information about making your life better. I found several ideas that I think will be helpful to me personally. The book was very well edited, as I found only one small error. I think this book would be of benefit and interest to anyone who would like to improve their life. Although some people avoid reading self-help books, I think Wdowiak’s fresh, lively, and straight-forward style of writing should make this book an interesting read for everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your Buts: A No-Nonsense Guide To Happiness And Success, by Mark L. Wdowiak, and am giving it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Give it a try. I think you will enjoy it too.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jsovermyer's review? Post a comment saying so!

Espie
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 116
Currently Reading: The Force Awakens
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Espie » 03 Dec 2018, 20:48

I agree with the adage that we couldn't give what we don't have. This book really seems to be a practical yet relevant way of thinking life through towards going for one's goal, regardless of how we define success to be. Thank you for your interesting review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”