Review by klbradley -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
klbradley
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 31
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 100
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 325
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klbradley.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by klbradley -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out...

Post by klbradley » 02 Dec 2018, 14:59

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When making the decision to start reading a self-help book, there are many things to consider before choosing. For me, the most common thing that has seemed to deter me from reading several is giving a sense of false positivity and unrealistic thinking. While If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success definitely did leave me with a newfound sense of positivity, it seemed to offer the bit of tough love I felt I needed to get the boost going for a more positive version of myself. As someone with a semi-crude sense of humor, I can also say that I absolutely approved of the title given by Mark L. Wdowiak, and certainly enjoyed the way the motivational talk through how to become a new me.

The writing style used by the author was an interesting concept, with the delivery broken down into four sections including the introduction, Crawling, Walking and Running. With steps broken down into an easy to follow and gradual progress, readers are able to make small steps to becoming the person they want to become. Because I read the book on my Kindle app, I was able to highlight sections that seemed to stick with me and motivate me to become a new and improved version of myself. I found it nice to see that the app gave me the option of seeing how many others had highlighted the same sections, which showed that some sections stuck with several of us.

Along with having the sections broken down into layers to help readers in their motivational process, the author includes some of his own personal journeys and how they have helped to shape his way to becoming the best version of himself. While explaining that he is mentally at his best form of himself now, he also doesn't fail to admit that he has made his fair share of mistakes, allowing readers to see that although we all have our flaws, there are ways to improve ourselves from where we have been and mistakes that we have made.

Although I have only a small bit of experience with reading self-help books, I was so pleased with the feelings that If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's gave me upon finishing. Rather than being filled with a sense of false positivity and unnecessary "fluff," I felt like I was able to close the book with a newfound sense of improvement and capability for myself. I also was pleased with the writing quality and proofreading efforts put forth, as I found no errors while reading. I did feel like a few sections seemed repetitive, but it didn't take me long to realize that this was more than likely done purposefully to make sure the reader took those specific points away and allowed themselves to apply it to their own life.

Due in large part to the way I felt after reading If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's, I am pleased to give this motivational and realistic self-help book a full rating of 4 out of 4 stars and would gladly recommend it to other readers who are looking to change into the best self they can be. With realistic and supplemental information to back up the author's reasoning behind making these changes, I could easily see how changing one's own personal opinion and outlook can change their full perspective on life. After reading this book, I was clearly able to see that change starts from within, and until we are able to change the way we view ourselves and our choices, we will always continue to be where we have always been.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like klbradley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”