Official Review: The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Re: Official Review: The Bible in a Nutshell by Dele Babalola

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Miriam Molina wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 02:30
teacherjh wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 23:41
I have a Bible that is written in chronological order rather than in the standard order. It makes much more sense to me that way.
That would be nice to have. What version is this? Would they have an ecopy?
It's called the Chronological Bible. I bought it years ago, so I'm not sure about e-copies.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

If this piece is as uplifting as the Bible is intended to be, I'd certainly hope that it gets to have the final touches on the technical flaws you've mentioned. In that way, it could maximise its potentials in spreading the word. You've just reminded me of my long-delayed plan of further Bible study, too. Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Espie wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 04:52 If this piece is as uplifting as the Bible is intended to be, I'd certainly hope that it gets to have the final touches on the technical flaws you've mentioned. In that way, it could maximise its potentials in spreading the word. You've just reminded me of my long-delayed plan of further Bible study, too. Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful review.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! It's never too late or too early to take steps for spiritual growth. The time is always right.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The author's story reminds me of Paul's conversion in the Bible. I applaud him for daring condense the 66 books of the Bible into one. I hope he gets an editor, and undertakes more research to address the inconsistencies. He should also be clear on what are his personal opinions, and what are 'gospel truths' - just like Paul of the Bible! Thanks for the wonderful review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Thanks for your time and thoughts, Cotwani!
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

Another meticulous-Miriam review! Well, it's a nice venture the author embarked on, with the aim of condensing the bible chapters for easier digestion. However, such technical errors aren't to be trifled with because they are strong credibility drainers, since this is a religious book. However, I won't be reading it because some teachings it contains are in stark contrast with my beliefs, especially those of Rapture and Afterlife. Thanks for highlighting the book's pros and cons effectively, as always.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Vickie Noel wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 05:36 Another meticulous-Miriam review! Well, it's a nice venture the author embarked on, with the aim of condensing the bible chapters for easier digestion. However, such technical errors aren't to be trifled with because they are strong credibility drainers, since this is a religious book. However, I won't be reading it because some teachings it contains are in stark contrast with my beliefs, especially those of Rapture and Afterlife. Thanks for highlighting the book's pros and cons effectively, as always.
Thanks for your sweet words, Vickie! Whatever his failings, Dele is hell-bent on bringing people to heaven!
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I am neither a catholic, nor a religious person. But that did not hinder me from enjoying your review. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

Sushan wrote: 13 Dec 2018, 14:12 I am neither a catholic, nor a religious person. But that did not hinder me from enjoying your review. Thank you 👍👍
Thanks for the lovely comment. Though I feel blessed to be Catholic, religion isn't a big deal for me. We can all live in peace and love together into eternity.
kislany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Due to the topic, I don't think this is something I would want to read. I grew up in Eastern Europe as a true atheist, so all my life I only knew this. Going to church was only allowed for weddings, baptisms, or funerals (else you could even lose your job). While, after leaving the country, I did discover some aspects of spirituality that I am very interested in, such as reincarnation, meditation, and knowing that there is something out there higher than us, bigger than us, religion per se has still been something very strange to me. I guess we all fear (or worry about) what we don't know.

However, your review is, as usual, awesome, and I always take pleasure in reading them.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

kislany wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 03:59 Due to the topic, I don't think this is something I would want to read. I grew up in Eastern Europe as a true atheist, so all my life I only knew this. Going to church was only allowed for weddings, baptisms, or funerals (else you could even lose your job). While, after leaving the country, I did discover some aspects of spirituality that I am very interested in, such as reincarnation, meditation, and knowing that there is something out there higher than us, bigger than us, religion per se has still been something very strange to me. I guess we all fear (or worry about) what we don't know.

However, your review is, as usual, awesome, and I always take pleasure in reading them.
Losing your job over going to church? That sounds harsh to me. Oh, well, everyone has his or her time for meeting the Lord. Believe you me, your time will come. That's not a threat; that's a promise. :D

Thanks for the support, Kislany. I'm right now writing my next review, just like you are. Let's go for gold!
kislany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Miriam Molina wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 11:45
Losing your job over going to church? That sounds harsh to me. Oh, well, everyone has his or her time for meeting the Lord. Believe you me, your time will come. That's not a threat; that's a promise. :D

Thanks for the support, Kislany. I'm right now writing my next review, just like you are. Let's go for gold!
Yeah, no kidding. Especially if you were working in a white-collar 'intellectual' job as we used to call it, like a teacher, professor, engineer, stuff like that, then yeah, you could easily lose your job if they found out you went to church and had no specific reason to go. The reason was that how can you teach your kids proper values (if you were a teacher like my mom) if you went to church...sadly that's communism for you.

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed for you :) (and for me too!)
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Thanks for a very readable review on a thought-provoking book! Christianity typically doesn't interest me as a topic, though I love your take on it. Art does interest me, and I realize a better knowledge of the Bible could enhance my understanding of that. I've been intrigued by Revelation at times - I may yet diversify my reading a bit further.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:

Post by Manang Muyang »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 07 Jan 2019, 06:23 Thanks for a very readable review on a thought-provoking book! Christianity typically doesn't interest me as a topic, though I love your take on it. Art does interest me, and I realize a better knowledge of the Bible could enhance my understanding of that. I've been intrigued by Revelation at times - I may yet diversify my reading a bit further.
Revelation is actually not very revealing. It's mostly cryptic and variously interpreted. Its other name is Apocalypse, which Dele believes is coming, and soon. Seclusion won't be possible.

Thanks for visiting, Alice.
Adebayo Sunday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Adebayo Sunday »

This is most affectionate books that emphasised the bible from the old generation to the new generation. I hope many will be blessed by this book. Dele Babalola, been the author has tried in expanding the word of God to the universe through an act of writing this. Christians are to know that this is a benefit to them. Although true believers are hardly to be found these days of end time, but GOD can surely intervene into the life of readers through this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”