Official Review: Empower Yourself for an Amazing Career

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Re: Official Review: Empower Yourself for an Amazing Career

Post by Sumbule1 »

I like several aspects about this book one being that the author is realistic to tell us it won't work out for everyone. This book goes to my shelf i might just need it in future. Congrats on BOTD.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

The advice and solutions for a balance life in establishing a career roadmap are usually pretty good. I might not enjoy this book yet but I'm pretty sure this is gonna be useful in the future. Saving this book as a reference. Thanks for this.
Ub43I59
Favorite Book: For the Love of God
Currently Reading: The Judge
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Ub43I59 »

Empower Yourself for an Amazing Career by Blanca De La Rosa: A personal story of a role model from Hispanic roots in her community to corporate success,as Blanca gives advice and guidance to females for growth as leaders in corporate America through strategies and lessons learned on that 30 year career journey.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

This is another book I will have to pass on, but it looks helpful to some. The author's experience in a Fortune 5 company is bound to have left her with some valuable experiences and sharing them with others makes this book worth it for readers into that kind of thing.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
OloladeO
Currently Reading: The Michael Project
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ololadeo.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by OloladeO »

This looks and sounds like a must have book as I definitely have interests in climbing the corporate ladder. I would like to know more about her no nonsense approach. Congrats to the author for winning BOTD. From all accounts, I believe she deserves it.
Sonnie_Mbugua
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sonnie_Mbugua »

The book provides an incredible view about the author's career journey to a Fortune 5 company. It provides enlightenment in defining and establishing careers. This book is a great insight on how to not only climb the corporate ladder but to help in uplifting the community. I need to read it right now.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

Sounds like she did a good job sharing her story. I hope it helps some one that reads this. I am not sure if I will read yet. Congratulations on BOTD.
Prince Seglah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Prince Seglah »

Empower yourself for an amazing career (by Blanca M De LA Rosa)

This book is a must read for all young people starting life because it touches on what we need to do in our journey towards career success.I realy love the book.Thanks to the author and congratulations too.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”