Official Review: Restoring Your Child's Mental Health

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Re: Official Review: Restoring Your Child's Mental Health

Post by Espie »

I believe in professional advice from those amply trained, qualified, and experience on their respective fields. We wouldn't have the modern conveniences of today and tomorrow if we'd curtail explorational or innovative thought. If this piece is as well-researched and relevant as you've made it seem to be, then this could be a scholarly study on alternative methods at the least. Thank you for your succinct review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

it is true that in most occasions, drugs are avoided in treating mental health related conditions of children due to side effects. This book seemingly gives a lots of new ideas as alternatives. Nice review. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Espie wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 20:28 I believe in professional advice from those amply trained, qualified, and experience on their respective fields. We wouldn't have the modern conveniences of today and tomorrow if we'd curtail explorational or innovative thought. If this piece is as well-researched and relevant as you've made it seem to be, then this could be a scholarly study on alternative methods at the least. Thank you for your succinct review.
Yes, this is the best book I've read on holistic modalities for mental health. I think you would like it. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Sushan wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 06:51 it is true that in most occasions, drugs are avoided in treating mental health related conditions of children due to side effects. This book seemingly gives a lots of new ideas as alternatives. Nice review. Thank you 👍👍
Thank you for your comments. In my experience, drugs are not avoided in treating mental health conditions in children. Stimulants for ADHD and antidepressants are overprescribed for children. I hope material like this book will help effect a change. I appreciate you dropping by.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Eva Darrington wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 01:22
Espie wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 20:28 I believe in professional advice from those amply trained, qualified, and experience on their respective fields. We wouldn't have the modern conveniences of today and tomorrow if we'd curtail explorational or innovative thought. If this piece is as well-researched and relevant as you've made it seem to be, then this could be a scholarly study on alternative methods at the least. Thank you for your succinct review.
Yes, this is the best book I've read on holistic modalities for mental health. I think you would like it. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.
No worries. You've just made me notice the missing "d" for the word "experience" in my first sentence as well. Thus, thank you again.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A guide book that offers holistic treatment for mental illnesses sounds useful. It is good that the book addresses the entire system of the person and not just one aspect of it. Great formatting, solid structure, and well researched make it a good read for those interested in mental health issues. That it was well-edited is another plus. Not for me, but I am glad it benefited you. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I was not aware of the statistics on children's mental health. This book is definitely an eye opener and I hope that it helps many children.
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

Restoring Your Child's Mental Health: 10 Innovative, Drug-free Treatments sounds like an amazing non-fiction book about dealing with mental issues. The best part of it is that the author wrote it out experience. It comes in handy for so many people. Great review.
Books are beautiful.
aolayide
Currently Reading: Are Your Kids Naked Online?
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aolayide.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by aolayide »

I believe that an alternative therapy other than drugs or more medication is necessary to mitigate the challenges of any mental disorder (ADHD, autism, depression etc.). "Restoring Your Child's Mental Health" by Gracelyn Guyol seems like a very informative book.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

This book sounds like a great source for alternatives treatment for mental health disorders. With scientific research to back up each approach, the reader can decide if these treatments are right for their child’s situation.
Erick Muyesu
Favorite Book: The Spirit of Want
Currently Reading: Mine Boy
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erick-muyesu.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Erick Muyesu »

This book seems like a well researched medical report on how to keep our kids off prescribed drugs. Now that I have a young one in my house I will take time to read it and learn how to give him the right treatment. Thank you for your elaborate review.
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

I'm glad there is a book about this subject. It's a helpful book for today's society. I have to check it out for myself as it seems so unique.
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Thanks for the review, but all of my offspring are grown, nor do I know any child with ADHD - or any other mental health issues - so I will not be reading this.
spluficvictory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spluficvictory.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by spluficvictory »

Thanks for the insightful review. This book is really valuable and I think holistic methods of treatment should be adopted not just for mental health but whole body. The author has done a lot of research and put in great effort to pass across useful information. Highly recommend :tiphat:
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.” :techie-studyingbrown:
Misael Carlos
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

AHD, addiction and depressions are very sensitive matters especially those involving the young generation. Timely, and relevant, this book must be read by everyone to gain more understanding, and thus help out in the process. Congrats!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”