Official Review: A New American Evolution by Mark Landau

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: A New American Evolution by Mark Landau

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A New American Evolution" by Mark Landau.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A New American Evolution by Mark Landau is a passionate appeal to Americans and people of other nationalities to change the course of their societies through better leadership, governance and business policies. Landau encourages the adopting of better practices that benefit everyone especially the lower class that has been largely ignored. He also emphasizes the importance of developing environmental sustainability efforts. The book points out the corruption that has infiltrated every area of our society including politics, business and our belief systems and it traces back history to identify past invalid deviations. Solutions are suggested and one that stands out is the rise of human beings to higher levels of being whose focus is more on values and not materialism.

What stood out for me largely in the book was the way the author relays his message. The tone is that of urgency which made me stop and think deeply about the writer’s words. A New American Evolution left me with the need to act. The passion behind Mark Landau’s words propels the reader to react quickly to save the future of their community and nation.

I also appreciated that the author encourages love and empathy in the book as some of the key drivers of initiating change. Acts of greed and the need to surmount unreasonable amounts of wealth are discouraged in the book while the topic on the plight of many citizens living in squalor conditions with politicians focusing on their own interests is also explored. Landau also shines light on the failure of the relevant legislation policies on various matters such as drugs and prostitution.

Even though the message is primarily directed to an America audience, I feel that most of the themes of the book can be applied in other parts of the world and even benefit other readers. With the leadership crisis worldwide and the continuous rise in the greed for material wealth with little consideration for the less fortunate, a message that encourages the demand for better conditions by the masses where leaders and citizens are focused on improving everyone’s living conditions and sustaining the environment is definitely crucial.

The book is brief and to the point. The author touches on various topics and offers possible solutions. He also points out some organizations that have been taking steps in the right direction. Rhetorical questioning is also used to provoke thought and encourage the reader to view particular matters from various points of view. It is thoroughly edited too. I rate A New American Evolution 4 out of 4 stars.

A New American Evolution
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Adebayo David
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adebayo David »

Very nice book the author let us no about felling for someone teach how to behaves in this book of A new American evolution I learn a lot of things is very amazed to me can't wait to get this lovely book
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I think there is an urgency for us to act. I appreciate that the author is brief and to the point. Plus, he offers solutions not just points out the problems. Sounds great! Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A non-fiction book urging people to act to save the world sounds thought-provoking. It is good that the author encourages love and empathy and offers solutions as well. It must be a good book if it left you left with the need to act.
Not for me, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

I love that this book does extend beyond the American borders, and tackles issues such as climate change, dispersion of wealth, and sustainability.
Amanda Deck
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

The lower classes are NOT ignored. There are all sorts of ways for them to get help. There's government help, church help and private party help. I've been on both sides of this and I know it's true. I'm also not one who believes those with more should be legally obligated to help those with less. Morally obligated, perhaps, yes. I know many who help as much as they can: taking in the destitute, taking in abused children, donating money and goods. So reading how anyone who has anything is evil and must have their lives stolen and given to those who, often through their own choices, have nothing, aggravates me horribly.

I do believe books like this are helpful in pointing out problems and offering solutions. But getting in people's faces and screaming it's all their fault isn't conducive to getting things done. All those who help only feel devalued and ineffectual, those who don't care still don't.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a though-provoking education non-fiction book that pleads the world to change societal vices and poor leadership in order to save the world. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review. Congrats @Landau_Mark on the BOTD selection.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 219
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

While the author does make some good points, this book isn't my genre. Great review.
Lib -
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lib.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lib - »

As a former politics major years ago with a BA in politics, this book is a book I should read. The review was excellent and I would like to read the entire work.

Lib -
aacodreanu
Favorite Book: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 450
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aacodreanu.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by aacodreanu »

"Leadership crisis worldwide" is what stood out most from the review. I had noticed it before and I salute the fact that somebody decided that it was bad, among other bad events in present America and worldwide. The review gives useful information as to what the book is about.
I only wish that it had an impact and that it would change the world for the better.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

I appreciate the message of values over possessions. Fill your heart more than you fill your pockets. Still, it seems like it's pointing a strong finger at people that have things. My family skimps on some things so that we can save for others. We don't feel like we owe that savings to those that have squandered. I'm not sure if this book makes that distinction.
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Post by Emy Katherine »

The book points out the corruption that has infiltrated every area of our society including politics, business and our belief systems and it traces back history to identify past invalid deviations. Solutions are suggested and one that stands out is the rise of human beings to higher levels of being whose focus is more on values and not materialism.

Well, it sounds a thought-provoking read that will appeal to fans of non-fiction books. Unfortunately, this is not my genre, so I will pass on this one. I got my copy, though. Thank you for the detailed review!
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

It’s great to know that the author offers solutions and encourages the reader to consider the plight of those less fortunate. The fact that he could deliver this message in a straightforward and to the point manner is also a plus.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Post by Fazzier »

A book that not only expose but also offer solutions to some of the ills in the society such as corruption and bad governance sounds like a resourceful read. Since the issues addressed are universal, I can't wait to read this! Thank you for this wonderful review!
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I am happy that this book can be understood by those who are not American; I am Canadian and sounds like I could relate to the author's message. I like that the author tackles various topics like environment and the plight of living in the lower class. Seems like a great book for all people to read. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”