Official Review: 90 Days to Live

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Re: Official Review: 90 Days to Live

Post by EvaDar »

kandscreeley wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 16:36 The Stamps don't mince words, and some of their opinions might come across as cynical or harsh. However, I am one for whom conventional medical wisdom failed. While I don't have cancer, I have explored alternative treatments of my own and found great success. So, rather than being turned off, I felt a camaraderie with Rodney and Paige.
I think I would also feel kindred with these two. Conventional cancer treatments caused life-long health problems for me. I wish I hadn't believed the "if you don't do this, you will die" mantra. This story is important and I know it will help many. I will be interested to read what treatments worked in Rodney's case. Thank you for reading this book and sharing a beautiful review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Eva Darrington wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 12:11
kandscreeley wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 16:36 The Stamps don't mince words, and some of their opinions might come across as cynical or harsh. However, I am one for whom conventional medical wisdom failed. While I don't have cancer, I have explored alternative treatments of my own and found great success. So, rather than being turned off, I felt a camaraderie with Rodney and Paige.
I think I would also feel kindred with these two. Conventional cancer treatments caused life-long health problems for me. I wish I hadn't believed the "if you don't do this, you will die" mantra. This story is important and I know it will help many. I will be interested to read what treatments worked in Rodney's case. Thank you for reading this book and sharing a beautiful review.
I definitely think you would have a lot in common with the Stamps. They had a couple of family members that died from Chemotherapy. It's an interesting book to say the least. I'm sorry to hear that you are having to deal with these problems from something that's supposed to help!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A memoir recounting the Stamps' battle against cancer sounds inspiring. I believe in combining traditional and non-traditional treatment. Conversational tone, good data, and good writing make a good book. That it was well edited is another plus. Not for me, but I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This sounds like another book I read recently; it included alternative methods to treatment rather than chemo. I love that this book focuses more on the couples' experience together and acceptance of the diagnosis. It's great that readers are able to pick up the other book should they want a step-by-step manual. Thanks for the wonderful review!
Noosh
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Wise Blood
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh »

It is sad. Dealing with cancer affects all the family members in a different and it’s difficult.
Loved your review.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an inspirational non-fiction journey through Cancer and exploring alternative medicine. The book has a free sample on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review . I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. Congrats @AttackingCancer on the BOTD.
Janalyn101
Favorite Book: Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janalyn101.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Janalyn101 »

It is a dangerous thing when you start spouting how to turn it of Madison can cure cancer. My grandmother got cancer in the 30s before chemo and harassed win away. She could’ve written a book thing red beans in crawfish to meet a cancer go away that don’t make a trip. Some people just don’t die from cancer and doctors don’t know why. I never did like books that say they have the cure play deadly disease it is very dangerous. Thanks for theg it is a dangerous thing when you start spouting how to turn it of medicine can cure cancer. My grandmother got cancer in the 30s before chemo and hers win away. She could’ve written a book saying red beans and crawfish made a cancer go away that don’t make a trip. Some people just don’t die from cancer and doctors don’t know why. I never did like books that say they have the cure play deadly disease it is very dangerous. Thanks for the review
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

Thanks for your review! I would enjoy the conversational tone of the book and be interested to read about the Stamps’ journey through cancer diagnosis. I’ve seen how draining radiation and chemotherapy can be on people and would be interested in seeing what alternative treatments the couple discovered.
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

I like success stories. The uses of natural methods and treatment to fight against cancer seem much better than using toxic traditional ways to battle cancer. The conversational tone and the sharing of the co-authors' lives would make the story more personal and closeup.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

A very uplifting story. I thank the couple for being able to share this with us. Great review.
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

Cancer is a real and present threat. I can't imagine having to deal with it and the doom of a 90-day death sentence. I applaud this couple for staying strong and approaching treatment their own way.
Reshon01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Reshon01 »

The preview of this book had me hooked from the very first page, it seems like it will change the life of any one who reads it even if you don't have cancer. I will surely be buying this in the near feature.
Brendan Donaghy
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

I reviewed Sylvie Beljanski's book on alternative ways of treating cancer and enjoyed it. This one sounds slightly different, in that it's the personal story of the Stamps that takes centre stage, rather than the disease. I'm looking forward to reading this one.
Elsereen
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elsereen.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Elsereen »

This really frustrating for Rodney. I would love to find out more about if he is going to get through this predicament.
Benthic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benthic.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by Benthic »

First of all, a great review. Really well written. And second, this book looks amazing and I'll definitely give it a read though I have no hard feelings for the medical community.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”