Review by Ann10 -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Y...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ann10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ann10.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by Ann10 -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Y...

Post by Ann10 » 18 Nov 2018, 19:37

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak is a self-help book to challenge and inspire the reader. This book is an easy-to-read manual for those who wish to search for deeper meaning in their lives. The author uses analogies and examples from his life to present his ideas. He includes 32 chapters on various aspects of fulfilling whatever goals one aspires to. I am familiar with many of his points but have never discovered them summarized so concisely in one book before.

One analogy I remember is the discussion about the Plate Spinning Circus Act. Both china plates and plastic plates symbolize the facets of anyone's life. Fragile plates represent the essential aspects of a person's life. An individual has to focus on balancing these fragile plates. If these plates drop, there is no easy way to put these plates back together again. The plastic plates represent the parts of one's life that are not critical to anyone's sense of accomplishment. If the plastic plates fall, they do not break. The use of word pictures helps me recall the information.

I like how the writer mentions his life and some situations that he has encountered. This makes it easier to understand how to follow the principles. The writer arranges the chapters into three areas. Since people begin with the basics, the writer uses crawling, walking and running to represent these areas. Once individuals grasp the basics, they can go ahead and think about how to reach their goals. All the chapters have headings which outline the following contents. Since the author recognizes how hard it is to change, he includes a footer after each chapter's conclusion which is a great idea. This is a place for the readers to sign their initials to show how high their level of commitment is.

The author presents a controversial statement at the start of the book. He defines success as, “lots of money, a nice car, a nice house.” As the book continues, he stresses the importance of the self-discovery process and not necessarily these fleeting, worldly outcomes. I appreciate how his emphasis on material goods changes as he explains the principles to find one's purpose.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because it includes sound advice. The writer observes a transformation in his life because he follows these principles. I want to witness a change in my life by following his step-by-step process as well. This book is a welcoming challenge for all those looking to enhance their lives.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ann10's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”