Official Review: You Have Such a Pretty Face

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Official Review: You Have Such a Pretty Face

Post by cpru68 »

teacherjh wrote: 19 Nov 2018, 23:39 I can relate to some of her struggles, but I have never considered having the surgery. This would be good for anyone who is getting surgery to read ahead of time to see the benefits and the struggles.
I agree with you! She goes through the entire experience word for word and shows what it was like. I had no idea! But, it is so valuable to have others understand and learn from her. I appreciate you reading my review. Thanks so much! :)
Everything happens for a reason...
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

CambaReviewer wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 09:51 Body shaming is rife in the days we live in and that puts women and even men under intense pressure to maintain an acceptable body image. the author does well to share her personal struggle with weight loss and her deep faith in God. I will be checking this book out. Thanks for an insightful and candid review!
It was such an eye-opener for me in regard to the procedure she underwent, and yes, the cruelty of people in our society is unreal. I don't understand how someone could be so mean to another person. Thank you so much for reading my review. I appreciate it! :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

charmperit wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 21:22 This is a relevant story on how our society is cruel in making people conform to its standard of beauty.
I agree with you one hundred percent! The author is so brave to open up her life on this subject and the victory she now lives. Thank you for reading my review. I appreciate it. :)
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Espie wrote: 21 Nov 2018, 23:11 Your insights and words are as beautifully and thoughtfully crafted and conveyed as how you've described the book to be. It really takes a deliberate and considerable amount of effort to go beyond what's merely obvious to see the goodness in everything and everyone. I also agree with you that it's eventually going to be all worth it. Thank you for your profound review.
I so appreciate your words to me! I was deeply touched by this author's story, moved to tears and hoped to do her justice with my review. I thank you so much for all that you have said here. Thank you for reading my review. :)
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

In closing, this book reminded me of this powerful statement: You have turned my mourning into dancing for me; You have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy (Psalm 30:11-12 AMP).
This is such a relevant issue. I enjoyed your review, and I love that you closed with this verse.
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Gosh, this sounds like a beautiful book. Any book that leave you with empathy for others is on my list. This author has a lot of wisdom to share. Thanks for the beautiful review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Qspaulding
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Qspaulding »

A great book. Attention grabbing and insightful. Could not stop reading once started. I could feel the pain and struggle of the writer and the success.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”