Official Review: SAINT UNSHAMED: A Gay Mormon's Life

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: SAINT UNSHAMED: A Gay Mormon's Life

Post by gen_g »

Caylie_Cat wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 02:28 I prefer a less confronting story when I read for pleasure, but your review is well-balanced and thoughtfully written. Thank you!
It does discuss a heavy issue indeed. Nonetheless, thank you for stopping by to leave a comment!
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I've been thinking about checking this book out. Your review has been helpful. Definitely going to read it now.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

CatInTheHat wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 21:57 I've been thinking about checking this book out. Your review has been helpful. Definitely going to read it now.
I'm glad that it was helpful for you, and I hope that you will enjoy the book! Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I think I may have heard this author on NPR a while back. I would be interested in the author's story, particularly how he managed to heal the shame and trauma to find his true path. I really enjoyed your review and will put this book on my list.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Eva Darrington wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 11:56 I think I may have heard this author on NPR a while back. I would be interested in the author's story, particularly how he managed to heal the shame and trauma to find his true path. I really enjoyed your review and will put this book on my list.
It was rather inspiring, and I think that his courage to face his demons is something all of us could learn from! Thanks for stopping by, Eva! I hope that you will enjoy the book. :lol:
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Awesome review. Thanks for discussing the book quite well. I wonder if there was any reason behind his homosexual orientation.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Kibetious wrote: 01 Dec 2018, 01:13 Awesome review. Thanks for discussing the book quite well. I wonder if there was any reason behind his homosexual orientation.
The author does go into some detail/analyse his own childhood during his therapy sessions, which seems to utilise Freudian psychoanalysis, so if there is a reason present, I suppose it can be found there. Thanks for stopping by to leave a comment!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”