Review by Daisy May -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Daisy May
Currently Reading: Princess Academy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daisy-may.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by Daisy May -- If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out...

Post by Daisy May » 16 Nov 2018, 12:24

[Following is a volunteer review of "If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“As your thoughts go in one direction, so too does your life.” Mark Wdowiak’s book, If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s, is a book about the power of positive thinking. His straightforward approach will motivate you to get your head out of your butt, stop making excuses for the direction your life has taken, and take action to start down a different path to success.

Wdowiak breaks down being successful into three simple steps: take responsibility for yourself, think positively, and take action to create the change you want. The book is broken down into three sections to dive into each of the steps. Throughout the book, he shares personal stories to illustrate how he has found success using this method. Some of the stories and phrases he quoted from his dad and mentor reminded me a lot of things my own dad has said to me, which helped me relate to the book and apply his method to my own life.

I love Wdowiak’s no-nonsense message throughout the book, especially when talking about taking responsibility for yourself. He says you need to take ownership of your own behavior and choices and he never sugar coats it. I found his polite bluntness refreshing and raised my eyebrows in surprise a few times when I started reading the first chapter.

While I enjoyed the stories Wdowiak gave in the book, I wish there would have been more examples pulled from his life. Success means different things to different people. I appreciate that the book’s message can be applied to many areas (relationships, work, money, etc.), however, there were times when he would say to visualize your goal and I would be overwhelmed by the number of areas I could focus on. (Of course, Mark would probably say this is my own but getting in my way :D). I think it would have helped to have one main life experience from the author woven through the entire book to give the full picture of how it has worked in one area of his life.

I give If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s 4 out of 4 stars. I’m a strong believer in positive thinking and I feel everyone would benefit from reading this book. Everyone could use a little more positivity and a motivating kick in the butt to have the success they desire, whatever that may look like.

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Daisy May's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”