Official Review: Never Enough Love by John Lazano

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ReviewerDiksha
Currently Reading: The Katharina Code
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerdiksha.html
Latest Review: A Brighter Tomorrow by Lori Schneider, MD

Official Review: Never Enough Love by John Lazano

Post by ReviewerDiksha »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Never Enough Love" by John Lazano.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is it better to be smart or lucky? This is the question that kept popping up in my mind as I read Never Enough Love. How does a man who has never been to college and is living with his parents go on to earn millions? The answer to this question was an incredible story. Availing one opportunity after another in his life, the protagonist of this story shows us how one chance can make or break your life. You never know what the future has in store for you. One moment you are at the top of the world, and the next you are hitting rock bottom.

In Never Enough Love, John Lazano tells the story of his life, contouring the highest to the lowest points. Most of us spend our lives in monotony, doing the same thing, living in the same place, unable to break out of the mundane circle that limits us. For John Lazano, this circle doesn’t exist. Coming from an Italian family, he had a normal upbringing. As he grew up, step by step, he discovered a penchant for excitement in himself that led him on an incredible path. In a lot of ups and downs that graced his life-story, he made millions and travelled the world. Also, he went bankrupt and hit an all-time low when he lost his prized possessions. The money came and went by, but there was one thing that was always constant in his life- women. A lot of them.

This book is the autobiography of an ordinary man who lived an extraordinary life. So many things in his story are too awesome to believe, mostly because none of us would think about attempting any those feats. This story makes us think about things like luck and chance. It also makes us think about family, ambition and perseverance. However, all these themes take a back-seat and one thing becomes more prominent than others- sex. There is a lot of sexual content in this book. A lot! The protagonist had so many affairs in his life that are hard to keep track of, and this is when he is telling us about just the major ones. His affairs become the major driving force in his life.

With a string of sexual encounters that just don’t seem to end, one might be led to believe that the protagonist is not an ideal character to look up to. To an extent, this is quite true. However, his quest to keep himself in business even in the worst times of his life is quite commendable. Most people, who fall from the heights of riches have trouble dealing with the struggle that life demands of them. The protagonist proves himself otherwise. No matter what his private life entails, professionally, he proves himself to be a resourceful, hard-working and a smart worker.

There are just so many things that happen in his life so quickly, one after another, that it becomes a bit of a work to keep track of everything. Had it been written badly, or even plainly, reading it would have turned into a chore. This, however, did not happen. The writing style of the author was light and fun to read. The best thing about it was that he didn’t try to present himself as any hero of some sorts. One can easily see that he is not a perfect person and his acceptance of his own flaws is what made his story better.

My rating for this book is 3 out of 4 stars. The only thing that I didn’t find very appealing was the explicit sexual content. The descriptions were a bit much and some people might not like that. People who don’t like too much of this stuff should probably stay away from this book. The ones who are not bothered by it should definitely read it. John Lazano’s story might seem bizarre at times, but it is exceptional, nonetheless.

Never Enough Love
View: on Bookshelves

Like ReviewerDiksha's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It seems to take a special person to break out of that monotony (or never enter it in the first place.) Most of us are too scared to try anything different. I am interested to see how the author managed to earn millions, but I'm somewhat afraid this would just be a bit discouraging to me. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I read this book, too. Sadly, the sex blinded me to its other virtues. I'm glad you found them.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I don't like all the sexual content but you can always skim over it. I'm interested in what risk he took that made him rich. Great review!
:tiphat:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”