Official Review: 7 Steps to Unlock Your Secret Power

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cpru68
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: What My Dog Taught Me About Jesus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cpru68.html
Latest Review: Heaven's Call by Roger Dawson
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Official Review: 7 Steps to Unlock Your Secret Power

Post by cpru68 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "7 Steps to Unlock Your Secret Power" by Alan David Nkoy.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What would it be like to wake up every day and know that what you are doing is the reason why you were born? Imagine if you were able to give your time and energy to the one thing that made you happy while providing a service to others. In his book 7 Steps to Unlock Your Secret Power author Alan David Nkoy shows his readers how to tap into the spiritual realm and uncover their destiny. Instead of staring at a blank piece of paper trying to figure this out, this material puts aside the fear of the unknown by laying a foundation of trusting in God for answers.

This informative manual starts with a section entitled, Where Do You Come From? Included are the basics of getting to know who God is and how to establish an intimate relationship. The author states that this isn't about joining a certain religion but developing a divine connection with the unseen realm to bring vivid revelations for clear direction. While there are action steps to take along the way in this self-discovery process, this author's ideas take the guesswork out of all of it.

The seven sections each begin with a question that the author expounds on in subsections that follow. At the end of each chapter, a question is asked to reiterate the lesson taught. A nice touch by the author is that he gives his thoughts but leaves room for his readers to do the same. That way, the entire book has an interactive quality, and the audience is asked to participate.

I liked the segment where he spoke about problems and how we can be the solution. For example, most of us can feel frustrated when an adverse situation comes our way. We may express anger or become distraught. The author suggests that this emotional reaction is an awakening for us to unlock our gifts and solve the problem with God helping us to do so. In this way, we dig deeper into our spiritual life and see how we can be of service. He states: "You are a divine solution wrapped up in a human body."

This entire work has an upbeat tone that I think many will appreciate. He does come from a Christian point of view with scripture and Bible references, so those who do not adhere to that may want to skip this one. As I began reading, I felt that this would be most suitable for a young person seeking answers to life's questions. I could easily see this being used in a youth group as well as individual study. By the end of the book, I felt that my audience recommendation had grown larger. I don't think a lot of adults have done this type of work to come to a solid understanding of what their true calling is. How many go to jobs they hate, and those things that are effortless and enjoyed the most are labeled as 'hobbies'?

Even with all of its excellent qualities, I have to give a 3 out of 4 stars due to errors in the text. However, this was in PDF form, so all of this can be cleared up with another round of editing and proofreading. As I came to the close of this, I kept thinking about the scripture verse that says in John 15:5, "I am the vine, you are the branches." This author has put together an enlightening guide that reminds us that we don't have to be alone in our quest here on earth, but we can be linked to a source that is life-giving.

7 Steps to Unlock Your Secret Power
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cpru68's review? Post a comment saying so!
Everything happens for a reason...
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

I very much enjoyed this review and I agree that although young people might benefit from it most, there are lots of us 'mature' people still looking for our destiny even as we see our years becoming fewer. When I saw the cover, I made a split-second judgement about it and decided it was just another self-help book with grand intentions. I'm glad I read the review anyway, and will read the book if I come across it. Thank you!
:tiphat:
samk1990
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by samk1990 »

:oops: This is more than interesting and also can inspire many I can't wait to read this book. I like it.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm not sure about this one. I mean I think we'd all like to be doing that one thing that's our passion and giving back at the same time. It's just not always that easy. After all, there are bills to pay. I think I might be too cynical for this one. Thanks, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

kandscreeley wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 08:51 I'm not sure about this one. I mean I think we'd all like to be doing that one thing that's our passion and giving back at the same time. It's just not always that easy. After all, there are bills to pay. I think I might be too cynical for this one. Thanks,
though.

I think because of my age, I have a tendency to feel that same way, but the way he laid it all out was pretty logical and not far fetched. However, when a person is young there is no mortgage, grocery bill,..that’s why I was also thinking a young person would probably embrace it more due to less restrictions with finances. Anyway, thanks for reading my review. I appreciate it.
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

samk1990 wrote: 14 Nov 2018, 05:49 :oops: This is more than interesting and also can inspire many I can't wait to read this book. I like it.
Thank you for reading my review. I enjoyed this one too! 😊
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

Caylie_Cat wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 23:40 I very much enjoyed this review and I agree that although young people might benefit from it most, there are lots of us 'mature' people still looking for our destiny even as we see our years becoming fewer. When I saw the cover, I made a split-second
judgement about it and decided it was just another self-help book
with grand intentions. I'm glad I
read the review anyway, and will
read the book if I come across it.
Thank you!
:tiphat:
The cover, i thought at first, looked like a weight loss book to help improve muscle mass. I was surprised to find out that this has behind it a very powerful message with such a positive tone. I guess once again I have been shown not to judge the book by its cover. Thank you for reading my review! I appreciate it so much! 😊
Amanda Deck
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

I think I might be too cynical for this one.
I'm another one of you cynical ones though I do like to read works that give me hope that my cynicism is misplaced, at least for a short while.
I guess once again I have been shown not to judge the book by its cover.
But the authors and illustrators put so much effort into the covers! I wonder how people in that field feel about this saying.

What I thought when I saw it was that it would be about purported secrets to some superhuman powers, probably because I read a review about aliens just before this. In a way, I suppose it is. This sounds like a book worth reading.
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

i really want to do that one thing that i was destined to do, i have read many books that should help me realise it, but none seems to be taking me to the right direction. If this one promises so then i should give it a try.
cpru68
Currently Reading:

Post by cpru68 »

fredrick otieno wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 04:37 i really want to do that one thing that i was destined to do, i have read many books that should help me realise it, but none seems to be taking me to the right direction. If this one promises so then i should give it a try.
I hear you on that! I have read a lot of books on the subject as well, and I have gotten a lot of information, but maybe it's me not applying it? I think various authors speak about the same thing, and it sometimes just takes a certain way of saying it that rings true with each individual. I do appreciate you reading my review. Keep up the good work, and you know that success will come! :)

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”