Official Review: Rise Above by Denise Beaupre

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Official Review: Rise Above by Denise Beaupre

Post by Mercelle »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rise Above" by Denise Beaupre.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rise Above by Denise Beaupre is a non-fiction book that dishes out business advice infused with tips on personal development. The aim is to help readers realize abundance in every aspect of their lives and propel them to become holistic individuals with value to society.

The author has vast experience in both the real estate and trucking industries, and she runs a trucking business in partnership with her husband. Her time in the two sectors has led her to the conclusion that business is business and the principles for success apply across the board. She iterates the importance of setting goals, not just average goals but "when pigs fly" type of goals. These are the kind of goals that will motivate individuals and the team at large.

Teamwork is essential in any work environment, and the author provides tips on how to nourish the units to be more productive while cultivating a good relationship between departments. The essence is for everyone to understand that all are interdependent; therefore co-existence is necessary. The author also touched on diversity in the workplace, specifically the different generations that make up the workforce. She outlined each group's characteristics and provided suggestions on how to interact with persons of various ages.

I found the author's advice useful, and I picked up a few bits that I intend to implement. She's a firm believer in constant personal development and encourages readers to create the life they want. To make a difference, individuals need to stand out from the crowd, and the author's tip for achieving this is doing what others won't. Mentorship is another thing she advocates for, stating that she has several mentors who help her stay accountable. Money is the top achievement for many, but the author believes that it isn't the most important thing. She pursues personal fulfillment and leads an ethical lifestyle filled with integrity.

Overall, the book is well-written with relatable examples accompanying the author's advice. I found this useful because it makes the text engaging and left me yearning for more. There's a serious tone to the book, and it has memorable punchlines at every turn. The book is short, its literature flows smoothly, and before I knew it, I had read the whole of it in one sitting. I liked that the author provided personal examples of instances when she learned critical lessons and when she decided to make life-changing decisions. These iterate her point that people shouldn't wait to hit rock-bottom to turn their lives around.

Because the text is well-edited and beautifully formatted (with several typos which I quickly overlooked), this book deserves nothing short of 4 out of 4 stars. I'll recommend it to HR professionals, business owners, and anyone looking to improve their present situation.

Rise Above
View: on Bookshelves

Like Mercy Bolo's review? Post a comment saying so!
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad there are such relatable examples in this one. That really helps to bring the points home. Still, I don't think this is one that's for me. At least not right now. Thanks for the review. I'm glad you were able to learn from this one.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

I'm glad you enjoyed this book and it sounds like you found some valuable advice in it for business people. I hope that there is some new and insightful information therein that can be of some real use. Unfortunately, we often seem to be bombarded with the same information, just from within a different cover. I enjoyed reading your comments.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I think this book will come in handy for me. Its broad information on business will be very useful for me. Definitely going to check this one out. Thanks for the review.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”