Official Review: Colour Your Legacy by Susie Briscoe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Official Review: Colour Your Legacy by Susie Briscoe

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Colour Your Legacy" by Susie Briscoe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Colour Your Legacy by Susie Briscoe is a self-help book about establishing a solid legacy that outlives us. The book is divided into three parts. The first part is about self-evaluation and finding your goals, beliefs, and values. The second part talks about nurture and introduces the Chakra system. The last part is about going out, taking action, and beginning to create a legacy.

I started reading the book thinking it would be just another self-help book but fortunately, I was mistaken. The author gives this book a personal touch by taking us through the stages of her life, which was tremendously helpful. The book was immensely practical, with the author thoroughly explaining the terms. There were exercises available that went hand in hand with each concept she was explaining. They were exceptionally easy to understand, which meant that I was able to do them successfully. I found the author’s thoughts on issues like self-esteem and health to be illuminating. Her suggestions for improving one's quality of life were very comprehensive. I particularly liked her explanation on how to use Mantras.

Before reading this book, I had no knowledge of the Chakra system. I only had a vague notion that it had some connection to India and ancient religions. The author was successful in describing what it was about, without getting technical. I appreciated how she started by talking about its origins and how it entered the western world. She went systematically, describing each part of the Chakra system and the parts of the body affected. This was very useful as even a novice like me could easily comprehend it.

I equally enjoyed how she seamlessly incorporated positive quotes and sayings into her book. This meant the beginning of every chapter had a saying that would positively influence the readers. To me, this meant that even if you did not read the whole chapter, a person would still leave with something valuable. Together with the book, the author provided a companion workbook. This naturally meant that as I was reading the book, I was also actively engaging in the activities suggested in the book. I found this to be a wonderfully clever way of engaging the readers.

The only criticism I would give is it sometimes got repetitive. The author replicated whole paragraphs in various parts of the book. This diminished the enjoyment I got from the book as a whole. Although the author may have wanted to emphasize a point, I feel she would have been better-served paraphrasing rather than replicating whole texts.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it provided invaluable and practical advice. This book would appeal to anyone seeking guidance in life. However, it has mass appeal as it dispenses advice that can be applied by anyone. If this book were a TV show, it would be rated as suitable for all ages.

Colour Your Legacy
View: on Bookshelves

Like Cher432's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It takes a special self-help book to entice me to read. I don't think this one is it. I'm not really into Chakra, and I just don't see myself reading this now. Thanks for your review. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

This sounds so helpful! I've always been interested in the Chakra system (since Naruto :lol2: ) but I never got around to studying it. I think I'll give this book a shot.
Congratulations on the great review!
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

I appreciate your comments, and am pleased you found this book enjoyable. I do like self-help books, but feel that there is a big swing these days towards eastern teachings and away from more practical efforts, which I am more interested in. For this reason, I doubt I’ll give this book a go. Thanks for this review.
ekwe1
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ekwe1 »

since I started reading this book it help me to know that I can achieve my goals
ekwe1
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by ekwe1 »

the three parts I read one part but it still give me joy to finish the rest
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

A book about how to leave a legacy is unique and interesting to me. I almost reviewed this book and would still like to read it. Thank you for the great introduction to the book.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

It will be surely nice to get to figure out the source and reason for chakra. The review is okay and it shines the light on age old practices that have been with us nearly since the dawn of time.
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

The book cover and title gave me the impression that this book is about art and creativity. I wonder how much of this piece really proves or disproves my assumptions. Thank you for your descriptive review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 263
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Fozia-Bajwa »

colour your legacy is a book for the explanation of chakra system. you have given a good review but chakra should be defined in clear words before starting the summary in the review i think.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”