Official Review: Unsung Heroes by Eleanor Nunis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: Official Review: Unsung Heroes by Eleanor Nunis

Post by kdstrack »

I so like your comment about remembering the little things that go on around the big event. So true! Love your writing. Thanks for an excellent review.
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

This is a very good review, kdstrack. What a sad story! I am going to have to read it. You have made it sound heartbreaking, yet a very important story of the strength of the POWs.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

kdstrack wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 12:30 I so like your comment about remembering the little things that go on around the big event. So true! Love your writing. Thanks for an excellent review.
Thank you for reading and commenting! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

Jsovermyer wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 22:20 This is a very good review, kdstrack. What a sad story! I am going to have to read it. You have made it sound heartbreaking, yet a very important story of the strength of the POWs.
I'm so glad you liked it! It is a touching book, and I would recommend it to anyone. It just needs a little bit of editing - but I hope that doesn't deter any prospective readers. Thanks for reading and replying!
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's really too bad about the lack of editing, but I agree that these types of stories need to be told and remembered. It sounds like a short enough book to be accessible to many. Thanks for your review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

kandscreeley wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 08:44 It's really too bad about the lack of editing, but I agree that these types of stories need to be told and remembered. It sounds like a short enough book to be accessible to many. Thanks for your review.
Yes, it's short and straightforward, making it accessible for almost any audience, which is great. Thanks for stopping by and replying!
Samantha Simoneau

sarahmarlowe
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: One Second After
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahmarlowe.html
Latest Review: The best therapy by Jim LaPierre LCSW, CCS
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by sarahmarlowe »

Thank you for a thorough review. This sounds like a fascinating story. I enjoy reading stories of faith and of overcoming trials. I may pick this one up.
sarahmarlowe
You can spend your time however you want, but you can spend it only once. :eusa-think:
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

This review caught my attention the moment I began reading it. I love the portrayal of family and the togetherness despite going through the tough times. What especially caught my mind is the last statement "pain shared is pain lessened". I believe that opening up is also a way of letting go of the burden and lifting the weight off your shoulders. Thumbs up for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

Wars are indeed a terrible activity that has been a plague since the dawn of time, but one thing i have come to realize is that it is the victors who write history. It would be nice if once in a while we get the perspective from the other side i.e the Axis powers. Until then i will give this one a pass. Nice review though
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

sarahmarlowe wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 21:22 Thank you for a thorough review. This sounds like a fascinating story. I enjoy reading stories of faith and of overcoming trials. I may pick this one up.
It's definitely uplifting, especially because it's true. Thanks for stopping by!
Samantha Simoneau

Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

Faithmwangi wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 02:40 This review caught my attention the moment I began reading it. I love the portrayal of family and the togetherness despite going through the tough times. What especially caught my mind is the last statement "pain shared is pain lessened". I believe that opening up is also a way of letting go of the burden and lifting the weight off your shoulders. Thumbs up for the review.
It's a heartwarming read. I'm so glad you liked the review. Thank you for taking the time to read it and reply!
Samantha Simoneau

Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:

Franc93 wrote: 09 Nov 2018, 13:47 Wars are indeed a terrible activity that has been a plague since the dawn of time, but one thing i have come to realize is that it is the victors who write history. It would be nice if once in a while we get the perspective from the other side i.e the Axis powers. Until then i will give this one a pass. Nice review though
It's hard to get a balanced take on events when someone can only write from their own experience. Thanks for reading and replying!
Samantha Simoneau

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”