Review by Ra1972 -- Happiness is All We Want!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ra1972
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ra1972.html
Latest Review: Hello, My Love by Evy Journey

Review by Ra1972 -- Happiness is All We Want!

Post by Ra1972 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happiness is All We Want!" by Ashutosh Mishra.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

review of happiness is all we want

In this book we have been presented the formula of happiness. This book starts off by introducing the reader to what is happiness in this modern-day and age. Everybody is striving to reach the goal of greatest happiness, peace and wellbeing. Everyone is running with no end in sight. It seems nobody is satisfied. The author has written a wonderful book with the goal of ‘Do it yourself” to reach for happiness and health in this world. The author very expertly introduces a very wide range of issues and tells about how to deal with them. This shows that the problem faced by the modern man is the same. It is either concerned with his health or he is not spiritually at peace with himself.

Ashutosh Misha by providing helpful tips and techniques in this non fiction book is just acting as a beacon for the rest to follow. According to the author happiness evolves from deep inside us. The writer is telling the man of today that the fountain of happiness is inside him. He has to discover it himself. He has to create this happy being himself by taking care of his mind, body and spirit. The author is acting like a guide who wishes to take others along the path of greatest wellbeing and happiness. Mr. Misha the author is very lucky to have realized the importance of these issues because often we only feel the importance of these when it is too late. This self-help book is different from the usual you find in the market. This book also gives many references to Buddhist and Hindu philosophy.

The language of the book is very simple. A average person can easily relate to the concepts presented in the book. The titles given to various chapters are very creative. The topics in the book are concerned with everyday life. They are interesting and relevant for us. By relating incidents from his and other people lives it gives greater personality to the book. He refers to donkey and monkey in the book to make his meaning clear. We have seen the behavior of these animals so it becomes easy for the reader to follow the meaning of the writer. The reader is constantly involved in the book.

In this book the author discusses three aspects of human beings

a. Physical

b. mental

c. spiritually

Through these aspects the author discusses how to develop and meet happiness. The book provides guided meditation. According to the author by using these aspects we can step closer to happiness. The author explains that we should value things by analyzing their importance in our life and not just putting a materialistic tag on it to decide its worth. The main idea presented is for the reader to improve their life by working on these aspects.

I always thought that reading about Yoga would be a bit dull however this book has changed my views. I feel this book is teaching a different code of life. It asks the reader to bring discipline in their life. This bringing of discipline in our life will make the reader better able to follow the important rules of physical fitness, meditation and attain universal peace with their circumstances. On a personal level when I first went to attend yoga classes I was a bit apprehensive. I was under the impression that yoga moves were not for me. It was very tough in the start but with encouragement from my instructor I caught up with the rest. I found yoga to be a relaxing and healing process for me. It was a challenging and immensely rewarding experience for me. I feel this book has helped me and has made me realized what an immense wealth peace of mind and good physical body is for me and everyone else in this day and age.

I rate this book a four out of four. :techie-studyinggray:

Happiness is All We Want!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ra1972's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”