Official Review: From Broke to Breadwinner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Re: Official Review: From Broke to Breadwinner

Post by Cecilia_L »

kandscreeley wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 08:04 I have a sister who has become a single mother, so this hits close to home. It takes a special person to raise a child alone. It sounds like there's at least something to identify with in this book if not tips on how to survive. Thanks.
Much of the content is applicable to parenting in general, as well as the financial advice. Thanks for commenting.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

BookReader+6 wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 09:28
"She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom." Mandy Hale
So true for single Moms! I wish this book had been around twenty years ago when I was raising my older daughter. It seems to cover a lot of the issues that single mothers deal with in their lives. Thank you for your review!
Thank you for commenting.
Sirlimu01
Currently Reading: Kaiserjaeger
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sirlimu01 »

Cecilia_L wrote: 23 Oct 2018, 07:19 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Broke to Breadwinner" by Janaki Chakravarthy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"She has to have four arms, four legs, four eyes, two hearts, and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mom." Mandy Hale

From Broke to Breadwinner: The Single Mom's Guide to Financial Independence and More by Janaki Chakravarthy provides readers with practical advice for overcoming financial obstacles while equipping them to become better parents.

The author is a former IT consultant and certified life coach who shares insights from her own experience, as well as the individual stories of women she coached and the cultural stigma they faced after divorce as a result of their Indian background. However, the single-parent challenges she addresses are universal. The book includes ten chapters plus a conclusion and reference for additional reading. The beginning of the book i
wendos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendos.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by wendos »

Definitely there is nothing single about a single mom. I was raised by one and I know what it means to raise children on your own. This is quite an educative novel.
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

What an important book for single moms. And, how refreshing that it is not focused on re-partnering but rather on coping with the difficult circumstances of raising children alone. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

Read this book a while ago.Simply loved it.
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

There is strength and pride in being a single mom. I believe all single moms out there are doing a terrific job and should be praised. Though some need books like these to help them when they stumble along the way. Great review.
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”