Official Review: A New Vision by Moriah Morningstar

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: A New Vision by Moriah Morningstar

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A New Vision" by Moriah Morningstar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A New Vision is a thought-provoking, encouraging, informative and prophetic book written by Moriah Morningstar.

The book is divided into two parts with Part 1 subdivided into twenty four Messages and Part 2 into thirty three Chapters. The purpose of the book is to offer different interpretation of the Scripture, expose that Jehovah is ‘a demon-god that spoke evil, planned evil, and sent forth evil angels’ and is different from the Creator, and to help Black Elk, a famous medicine man from the Sioux Nation guided throughout his life by visions, bring the great purification.

The author features two unrelated creation stories, the three life paths (Path of Selfish Desires, Path of Selfless Desires, and Path of Soul Desires), a brief but touching history of the Native Americans, Black Elk’s visions, her son Shawn’s prophetic dreams, and messages for various religious denominations. Moreover, she discusses genetically modified crops, the Philadelphia Experiment, alternate realities, parallel worlds, astral fragments turned possessing entities, numerology, and the 911 terrorist attack, and mentions giants, nature spirits, elves, gnomes, and fairies.

She shares information on how to cast out demon-ghosts and how angelic beings communicate with us. Furthermore, she warns readers about religious cults that use Christian mind control as a multiplying-ministry scheme. The book features famous songs like Thriller, Colors of the Wind, Heal the World, and One Moment in Time among others as well as poems including those written by the author herself. She also includes beautiful illustrations to complement the topics discussed in the book.

Initially, this book may shock Christian readers. The author’s assertion, delivered in forceful and even threatening tone, that the Creator is different from Jehovah, the latter being the enemy of all humanity with a diabolical plot that has imprisoned humanity for thousands of years, and that Jesus is actually different from Jesus Christ, may be viewed as unacceptable and even downright blasphemous. However, the author makes valid points like follow your feelings, enhance your creativity, and live from your heart, because when you do, you harmonize with the heart of creation and become a vehicle for its expression. The author encourages the readers to nurture themselves and others with compassion and gratitude, love the goodness in themselves and others, and love earth mother and respect all relations.

Personally, I find some parts of this book informative and some parts very encouraging. However, the interpretation of the Bible verses seems too subjective, some statements are unsupported by facts, and the featured Bible verses seem carefully selected to fit the assertion of the author, in which case, ample knowledge of and not just familiarity with the Bible is required to fully appreciate the book. Moreover, it is too heavy on politics which may dampen the interest of the readers. Finally, there are several errors within the entire book (like will come to a violet end and he will transformed).

I, therefore, rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is thought-provoking, encouraging, informative and passionately written. I recommend it to Theology students, Christian readers, and others who are interested with materials about Abrahamic religions.

A New Vision
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Well, this one is definitely not for me. I believe the Bible is the ultimate authority and shouldn't be altered, added to, or reinterpreted in any way. I'm glad that you were able to find something good about this one, but I'm going to have to take a pass. Thanks for the review, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

kandscreeley wrote: 25 Oct 2018, 07:34 Well, this one is definitely not for me. I believe the Bible is the ultimate authority and shouldn't be altered, added to, or reinterpreted in any way. I'm glad that you were able to find something good about this one, but I'm going to have to take a pass. Thanks for the review, though.
You're welcome. Yes, surprisingly, I found some valid points in the book like 'follow your feelings, enhance creativity, and live from your heart.'
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I really enjoyed reading your comprehensive review. I don't think I would enjoy the book nearly as much. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure Christians would find it fascinating.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

Not a book for me, seems too abstract and unconventional. Thanks for your review!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Eva Darrington wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 21:11 I really enjoyed reading your comprehensive review. I don't think I would enjoy the book nearly as much. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure Christians would find it fascinating.
Thank you. I understand this book is not for everyone.
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

BookReader+6 wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 21:21 Not a book for me, seems too abstract and unconventional. Thanks for your review!
You're welcome. Other readers may actually find this book interesting.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”