Official Review: Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Official Review: Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations

Post by CinWin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations" by Rev. Cindy Paulos.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations by Rev. Dr. Cindy Paulos consists of two parts. Part I explains what prayers, affirmations and meditations are, how to do them, and why you should do them daily. In Part II, Dr. Paulos gives us specific affirmations, prayers and a different way of meditating. These are presented in 16 different categories ranging from love to inspiration.

While there are many types off affirmations you can use, the main point is why they work. Rev. Paulos says, “They make you believe what you want to achieve is possible.” When you use affirmations, you are connecting to Source and actually co-creating with God. This puts your goal achievement on hyper-speed.

Prayer is basically a conversation with God. The author believes that the Lord wants to communicate and if you talk to Him, He will answer. This can be through a special sign from a book you are drawn to or as simple as a bird’s feather floating down in front of you. If you establish a direct line to God through prayer, you will receive guidance as to what to do in your life.

This brings us to our final category. Meditation is when you become quiet and listen for what God has to say about the subject you are praying about. There are many forms of meditations – from guided to chanting mantras. Whichever form you use, the important thing is to quiet your mind so you are able to hear God’s response to you. When you put an affirmation, a prayer and a meditation together in one session you will achieve a connection so powerful that all of your questions will be answered.

I rate Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations by Rev. Dr. Cindy Paulos 4 out of 4 stars. The first part of the book gives you a working knowledge of what the process entails and why it works so well. The second part gives you actual written affirmations followed by the prayer and the meditation that corresponds with the question you have. You can make a choice between 16 different categories and within them are around 8-10 subcategories. That is a lot of affirmations, prayers and meditations! I think the best way to read this book is to read Part I first, in order to learn what it is about, and then do one session in a category of your choosing in Part II. You will have enough to last you all year. It is a book to use daily. The more you connect to God the easier it will get. I have been doing this for the past 30 days and I definitely feel different about my life. I feel more cared for and more secure in the knowledge that everything will turn out for the best for me and everyone involved.

Dr. Paulos has been doing this method for over 50 years and she writes beautifully, enabling us to achieve a strong connection to God. There were no typographical errors which made it easy to read and understand. I highly recommend this book for both spiritual seekers and those that are looking for core stability and guidance in their lives. As Cindy says, “And do please remember that prayers are answered every day”.

Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like CinWin's review? Post a comment saying so!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This one is a bit too spiritual for me. I'm not really into meditations and co-creating. I'm glad you were able to enjoy this one. I'll pass.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

Meditations are really my area of interest, however, those that need life guidance and direction can read this. Thanks
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

I actually struggle with my spiritual life, even i wouldn't want to be too spiritual, i think being spirituality conscious is the way to live a fulfilling life. Therefore this book is a must read for me. Thanks for the review
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I think the book presents an interesting way to get the most out of prayer. I believe the affirmations are based on the bible. Thanks for the balanced review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Ronel_Steyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronel-steyn.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Ronel_Steyn »

Great review! I might pick this one up. I just sometimes find it difficult to accept that we need help connecting to God. Thank you again.
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

Great review! Interesting how the author combines prayer and meditation (makes sense). Thank you for your informative review.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

Nice review! I've never thought of combining prayer with meditation, but thinking about it, I guess prayer is a form of meditation.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I feel more cared for and more secure in the knowledge that everything will turn out for the best for me and everyone involved.
That's a remarkable manifestation not only of a piece's relevance but also of its potency. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I think prayers, affirmations, and meditation bring a positive light to a day. I think a lot of readers will appreciate this book. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

This is one great help book for those who wants to start and end their day with directions from on high. Those who would want to seek divine guidance and direction from the Lord🙏I do this all the time too sometimes with the help of Devotional Books and most often times the Bible🙏 And yes i agree, prayer goes hand in hand with meditation, and affirmation comes right after🤗Just like in the times of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Noah, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, Joseph, Moses and Joshua, Samuel and David and all the men and women of the Bible,God speaks to ordinary people, like you and me. Sometimes in loud and mighty thunders and lightning, at times in a still small voice, or in this case, a well-written book, like this read that you’ve presented to us now📘📙 I know this for a fact because me and my family, we, have always known Him as a prayer-answering God🙏
Thank you for your in-depth review @CinWin♥️ Praying for all of God’s best for you and your loved ones too🙏♥️🏡
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

This seems like a book dealing spirituality and our connection with God.
Thank you for the detailed review
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Though I am neither a Catholic nor a religious person, I occasionally read religious book. Seemingly this one give a different aspect of prayers. Thanks for the comprehensive review 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

CinWin wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 15:18 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations" by Rev. Cindy Paulos.]
Prayers, Affirmations and Meditations by Rev. Dr. Cindy Paulos consists of two parts. Part I explains what prayers, affirmations and meditations are, how to do them, and why you should do them daily. In Part II, Dr. Paulos gives us specific affirmations, prayers and a different way of meditating.

I have been doing this for the past 30 days and I definitely feel different about my life. I feel more cared for and more secure in the knowledge that everything will turn out for the best for me and everyone involved.

Dr. Paulos has been doing this method for over 50 years and she writes beautifully, enabling us to achieve a strong connection to God.
I like how the book is constructed and especially that the author shares specific affirmations and prayers and a different way of meditating. Thanks for sharing that you personally used the methods for 30 days and liked the results. I think it is good that the author is willing to share something that she has been doing for a long time to help others build a stronger communication with God.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”