Official Review: A Cry For Grace Part One by Keneth Nyhwagi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: A Cry For Grace Part One by Keneth Nyhwagi

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Cry For Grace Part One" by Keneth Nyhwagi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Cry For Grace- Part One by Keneth Nyhwagi is a fabulous study on the Biblical topic of grace and in it, Nyhwagi explains how Jesus himself is grace.

In modern times, a lot is being said about grace. Some have dismissed it as heresy while others have abused it. What is grace, or better still, who is grace? What is the position of the Bible on this topic that has taken the Christian world by storm and what did the sacrifice of Jesus Christ really achieve? A Cry For Grace is the first book in this series that digs into Biblical verses and explores the topic of grace through relevant scriptures. Nyhwagi answers common questions that many Christian believers struggle with such as whether the once saved always saved notion is true. He uncovers the truth of what grace truly is while presenting a valid standpoint of this beautiful gift that Jesus earned for the world.

The best part about A Cry For Grace is that the author backs every claim he makes with scriptures. His arguments are valid because he does not rely on his own human perception of the topic but looks into Jesus’ works and Paul’s writings closely. Every section has quotes from the Bible from the Old to the New Testament. Through presenting various scriptures, Nyhwagi dismisses some common viewpoints that have been adopted in the Christian faith which are mere traditions that bear no Biblical significance. He investigates how many new believers and non-believers have been robbed of the life that they were meant to live by teachers of the Word who teach from their own human perceptions and intentions.

I will be curious to see what will be contained in the second book of the series since this first one covers a lot on the topic of grace. The book is comprehensive in many ways. It explores many facets of the Christian walk from faith, salvation, eternal life and growth. The author also explores the new life and the new nature accorded to the believer and the relationship they share with God. He also investigates common misconceptions and lies that the devil uses to demoralize and bind believers of Christ Jesus. Nyhwagi does not dispute the consequences of sin but he explains the terms of the New Covenant and how they do not change.

There is a lot to be gleaned from this book. It is enlightening and life-changing since it shines the light of Gospel. It is a wonderful and informative read for any reader curious about the sacrifice of Christ and the grace that has been accorded to everyone who believes in Him. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

A Cry For Grace Part One
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Thanks for the lovely review! I'm glad that you found it inspiring, and it seems like a great resource since the author backs his claims with the appropriate evidence.
TJanowski23
Currently Reading: Winning the battle against sin
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjanowski23.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by TJanowski23 »

This seems like a great book on a relevant topic. Thank you!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Grace is such a simple word but such a deep topic. It's one that I could explore over and over again. I'm interested in seeing what the author has to say about it. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Solomon1759
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Solomon1759 »

To live intentionally, you must learn to read consistently..
There's so much nuggets to be gleaned from this book..
fredrick otieno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-otieno.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Post by fredrick otieno »

I too find it at times to understand this topic on grace. This book would be a good read for me, and others like me too.
Thanks for the good review
Frank_tods
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Frank_tods »

The book was inspiring through the works of Jesus Christ because he has come to forgive and wash our sins. By grace he has delivered us and we are alive by grace and when we cry out for grace he will heal and help us. Great book
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

In my opinion, all Good News books should receive a 4 star rating due to the fact that they offer a lot of valuable insight that any spiritual being would like to harbor. Thanks for your review.
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”