Official Review: Bringing In Beauty by Malcolm Pullen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: Bringing In Beauty by Malcolm Pullen

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bringing In Beauty" by Malcolm Pullen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Bringing in Beauty by Malcolm Pullen is a powerful and heart-warming story about one man’s love for a stray and their journey as the dog learns to trust him.

At first, the responsibility of fostering Beauty seems too daunting in a practical sense, even though the writer had fostered other dogs. This particular dog would, however, leave a mark on his heart the first time they met. When he decides to foster Beauty, he starts to warm up to her but it will be a process until she learns to trust him as others have tried and failed. The initial agreement of looking after her for a month turns into months then into years. He learns to open up to her a little at a time and Beauty starts opening her own heart to him.

I found Bringing in Beauty to be emotionally captivating since the writing mostly focuses on the dog. Pullen captures every moment splendidly highlighting Beauty’s fears and courage. At first, she does not let anyone get close to her. Cherry, the friend who organizes the first meet up is surprised to hear that the writer was able to get close to Beauty. With time, their relationship starts growing, displaying Beauty’s cautiousness and her longing to be cared for and loved. The writing also captures the weather and nature of Portland, Oregon where this beautiful story is set.

With almost no errors, Bringing in Beauty is an easy read. The language is also accessible and the structure of the book is well-designed to present each step in Beauty’s journey. The language also brings out the ups, downs and the concerns along the way as well as the writer’s love for Beauty. Every reader with a love for animals will definitely find this story a treat.

The plot contains many details sometimes even the most minute which gave me the impression that the writer took the time to write the book well and went to great lengths to capture every moment. The story does not feel rushed at all and the reader is allowed to savor every moment shared between Beauty and her caregiver.

Overall, the story shows what is possible when we take a chance and decide to love unconditionally. It shows the growth we are able to make when we move out of our comfort zones and open up our hearts to love and give others opportunities. It also reflects on the joy that follows that could never have been achieved without taking a chance. I rate Bringing in Beauty by Malcolm Pullen 4 out of 4 stars.

Bringing In Beauty
View: on Bookshelves

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Overall, the story shows what is possible when we take a chance and decide to love unconditionally.
I am an animal lover and I would definitely like to read for myself the blossoming of the relationship between Beauty and the writer. Thanks for the concise and beautiful review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds like a fabulous book. I love dogs and animal stories. It sounds fun to read and also inspiring. The no mistakes is a definite plus. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

What a heart-warming and inspiring story of persistence and love. It sounds great.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Your heartwarming review reflects a lovely story. The love given to Beauty is returned to her owner. The moving story, the setting, and the absence of errors make this book very appealing! Great review. Thanks.
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

Awwwwwwww, i love stories about dogs. I enjoy reading such stories.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

This sounds fabulous! It’s refreshing that there are almost no errors and the impression I get is that it’s a book the author really needed to write. I don’t think animal books are for me - I overdosed on them as a child - but I really liked the look of this one. Thank you.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”