Official Review: Foretold: An Epic Spiritual Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Official Review: Foretold: An Epic Spiritual Journey

Post by JessNWheeler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Foretold: An Epic Spiritual Journey" by Susan Smith Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The buildings were crashing to the ground before her very eyes. It was quite horrifying, yet she was not afraid. She knew that she would grow up to help save America. Author Susan Smith Davis tells the story of her inspiring life experiences in her memoir titled Foretold: An Epic Spiritual Journey.

Susie was married with five children when she watched the movie series that would change her life. This series was based on the book by Shirley MacClaine titled Out on a Limb. Shirley’s spiritual journey inspired Susie to do some serious soul-searching. She and her husband had built a life that many would consider to be perfect. They had a beautiful home and healthy children, but Susie began to feel like something was missing. From a very young age, Susie had truly vivid dreams. She began to think that these dreams had meaning. Susie felt compelled to further explore her dreams. Her need to understand her meaningful dreams takes Susie on a journey of self-discovery. This journey tests her faith but brings out an inner strength that helps her to overcome and discover true miracles in her life.

I admire Susan for telling her story with such in-depth details. She has lived through amazing experiences. This is an engaging story and a truly inspiring read. I was invested from start to finish. She endured many disappointments but maintained a strong sense of faith and optimism. The author of this memoir is relatable and welcoming. Many mothers will feel a connection to Susan and her experiences. Her story is sure to inspire her readers to explore their own desires.

This is a well-written, well-edited, and well-organized book. There is not one grammar error to be found. The story is told with intelligent, yet understandable language and flows seamlessly from scene to scene creating a pleasant reading experience. I recommend this book to non-fiction readers who enjoy intense memoirs.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is a well-written and well-organized book. Susan’s story is an inspiring, yet in many ways romantic, page-turner. The skillful writing and editing make it pleasurable for a reader to follow this story through to the end. This story invites the reader to consider the possibility that life has a deeper spiritual meaning. Foretold: An Epic Spiritual Journey is a memoir that highlights the importance of true love, determination, and the power of faith.

Foretold: An Epic Spiritual Journey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like JessNWheeler's review? Post a comment saying so!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Ebonykaydonnamoore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ebonykaydonnamoore »

:techie-studyingbrown: Ifind this book interesting that is why I chossed it. And am now about to read it.
abramwhiz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abramwhiz.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by abramwhiz »

Fantastic review, can't wait to read this book.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

This sounds interesting. Now I'm curious what the buildings were that were falling in front of her eyes. Was it one of her dreams? Something else? Well, thank you for the introduction to this book.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

What a well-written review! I normally read fiction, but with an uplifting book like this and since you had mentioned "many mothers may get a connection to Susan" there's one more reason I should break the habit. Thank you, I may try this one due to your great review!
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

This spiritual memoir shared by Susan sounds like it was written beautifully, not only in the content but also in the grammar. Understanding her dreams, seeing miracles in her life, and finally seeing the spiritual meaning of her life would all make an interesting story to read.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The memoir sounds intriguing. I would like to see how she connects her vivid dreams with her life, and how she gets through her experiences! Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

This book sounds really inspiring and will make a difference to many, I believe. However, I am not keen on spirituality, so will have to pass this one. Glad that you enjoyed it, and thanks for the great review!
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Your review really intrigued me! Honestly, it’s not easy to summarize a book, giving away just enough to catch the reader’s attention and you did just that. I’m really curious and I love it when people with unique life experiences decide to share them.
Awesome review, thanks!
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

It was quite horrifying, yet she was not afraid.
They also say that courage is not the absence of fear; thus, your words mean that the author must have had something even better to be able to go through life just like she did. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an inspirational spiritual memoir on the journey to inner strength, finding romance, and building one's faith. The book is free on Amazon Kindle and has an interesting OnlineBookClub review. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. Congrats @trumpgirl for the BOTD, and Congrats Jesse NWheeler on an amazing review.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A nonfiction novel following the spiritual journey of the author sounds uplifting. The author recounts her experiences after seeing the light. It take guts to get divorced with five kids. Not my cup of tea, but I am glad you found the book engaging. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

This book is right up my alley! I appreciate an inspiring and heartfelt memoir. Thanks for the excellent review.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Susie, a mother of five, embarks on a spiritual journey after she experiences a series of foretelling dreams. They inspire her to find her purpose and contribute to creating a better world for her children.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
seki1016
Currently Reading: The Eleventh Commandment
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seki1016.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by seki1016 »

The review did a good job reviewing the book. I would like to read the book to find out what happens to the main character.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”