Official Review: Another silly love song by Rick Aper

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Official Review: Another silly love song by Rick Aper

Post by Dolor »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Another silly love song" by Rick Aper.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rick Aper's Another Silly Love Song is a memoir that chronicles his life story - his experience, his pledge of love to his beloved wife, Linda Diane Gribben Aper, and his married life. It was published by Christian Faith Publishing, Inc., on October 11, 2017. The 92-page contents include memorable photos.

Within one year after graduation from high school, one of Rick's friends was in prison, and his nine other friends died as a result of illegal drugs and alcohol. Rick was wise enough to divert his direction in life. On bended knees, he asked God's forgiveness, healing, and guidance. God, in His infinite wisdom and power, granted Rick the chances to meet his perfect match, but his fate was clouded with trials. Those trials allowed Rick to sing Another Silly Love Song.

Another Silly Love Song was a labor of love that would constantly remind Rick of his beloved wife. Indeed, Linda was an extraordinary woman - no wonder why Rick had fallen deeply in love with her. I was captured by the very detailed narration and the preserved photos carefully peppered in between the contents. I felt like I was transported to the places where the couple had been. Their trips had satisfied my adventure-seeking nature. There never was a boring moment. The couple's married life had taken hold of me in an emotional way. Rick gave me the feeling that everything in this book just happened yesterday when in fact, this memoir was created after a lifetime and many tears of sorrow and joy. Generally speaking, there was nothing I disliked in this book.

Rick quoted Bible verses, but the story was not overly religious. Even though Christians may find this book beneficial, I did not feel that it is for Christian readers only. Rick shared a lot of ideas. One of which was his knowledge about cancer. The story was bound to appeal to a wide range of readers regardless of genre preferences. It still lingers in my mind long after reading it. The absence of graphic scenes, violence, and gory details made this book suitable for all ages. This memoir could produce a romantic love story film in a roller-coaster ride with trials, friendship, faith, resilience, and familial touches.

Rick Aper's Another Silly Love Song was wonderfully written with nearly flawless editing. It is deserving of a perfect rating: 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend it to those who love an unputdownable story of a marriage that inspires reflection and drops nuggets of wisdom along the way. However, those who are not interested in biography, autobiography, and nonfiction genres have the freedom to bypass reading this book. Indeed, life has ups and downs, peaks and valleys.

P.S.
Rick, you owe me a box of tissue!

Another silly love song
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dolor's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I like the fact that the memoir could be used to create a good movie. It sounds fascinating and I would love to read this book. I believe it has something to offer for everyone.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I would love to have a copy of this one, it seems like a really good book. Great review btw.
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I would love to have a copy of this one, it seems like a really good book. Great review btw.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

This seems to be a wonderful story of life and love, Inday! In this day and age when forever in relationships seems so out of reach, this marriage is a miracle. I am sure Rick's faith (and presumably Linda's) has a lot to do with it.

The cry-baby that I am, I will bill Rick two boxes.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Miriam Molina wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 21:56 This seems to be a wonderful story of life and love, Inday! In this day and age when forever in relationships seems so out of reach, this marriage is a miracle. I am sure Rick's faith (and presumably Linda's) has a lot to do with it.

The cry-baby that I am, I will bill Rick two boxes.
Indeed, "forever" in a relationship is almost as extinct as the rhinos in the Philippines. 😂

I wish you could meet the "Rick" of your life. 😇

2 boxes of tissue papers huh? Just wipe your tears and blow your mucus on an old, useless cloth. 😂 Just kidding...
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Bahaa, I love the P.S. I think that alone says a lot about this book. I always enjoy a good love story. I have this odd fascination with people's relationships. If you ever want to talk about your marriage, dating life, etc, I'm your girl. I love that stuff.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

This seems like an outstanding love story. We often think that war and politics are what create history, I think couples like Rick and Linda make the world go around and leave us a big legacy.
I’ll probably cry, but I’ll read this book.
I love your candid review, especially the P.S.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

Awesome review Dolor. The P. S. part was really funny. I am not a mushy love story person, so I am not sure if I would enjoy this one. Although, I do appreciate the Christian themes.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Lol! You are owed a box of tissues? Shows how engaging the book is. I like its Christian theme. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

This review itself portrays the emotional upheaval narrated in the book. I will love this book. Thanks for the review!
Espie
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

P.S.
Rick, you owe me a box of tissue!
The thought of losing a beloved would create that need, indeed. Crazy and too clingy it may sound, but it wasn't just once since so many years ago that I've told my husband I'd better rest in peace before he does because the idea of living a life without him is quite unbearable. Now, you owe me a box, too.

Still, thank you for a compelling review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 959
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

I love the title. This seems to be a sweet story of Love and the fact that it is real makes it all the more endearing.

Thank you for the lovely review.
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

This is a perfectly balanced and beautifully written review. The only thing I can add, is that it was inspired by an equally beautifully written book. Kudos to Rick Aper for contributing this thread to the tapestry of humanity that makes life worth living.
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

The story of Rick and his love for his wife sounds like a good one to read. Rick's choice to follow God and turn from drugs surely directed his life for the good.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”