Official Review: The World According To Good Gods

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: The World According To Good Gods

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The World According To Good Gods" by Greg Oliver.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The World According To Good Gods, by Greg Oliver, answers many questions in connection with the spiritual, economical, social, and psychological aspects of life. The author's aim of writing this book is to provide readers a road map to success. This narrative is about the philosophy of nature, happiness, evolution, love, and education. In an engaging manner, it discusses personal mythology and the meaning of life.

From the perspective of the philosophy of scientific naturalism, the book highlights the various ways one can be happy and lead a fulfilling life. It shows means to fix broken lives and create lasting happiness. Also, it reveals how to build a good life through the development of our intelligence and scientific knowledge. It encourages people to always act in agreement and harmony with the laws of nature. Consequently, environmental conditions will be influenced to provide the settings within which certain natural laws will be compelled to function in the desired ways. In a fascinating style, the author unveils how to have a healthy, erotic, and loving relationship with members of the opposite sex.

Presented in six parts, this guidebook reveals the foundation for real success. Though it's a serious read, it's well written and comprehensible. Greg relates his message in a coherent manner, and the text is structured properly. Actually, I don't agree with some of the points the author made, but there are a few I concur with, particularly the ones concerning the universal education system and sounds. "In contrast to harmful sounds, good sounds have uniquely beneficial effects on the state of our being. Moreover, it has been known from time immemorial that good music relieves nervous tension, creates harmony, brightens our mood, and helps to enhance our emotional life." I got that from this book.

In addition, the narrative discusses philosophical idealism in the context of scientific methods, metaphysics of culture, the spiritual evolution of the human race, and the laws of nature, notably as it relates to solid positive laws. It explores dogmatic, religious views. Thus, some religious people may not want to read it. However, it'll be a worthwhile read for any freethinker seeking more useful knowledge since it gives a fresh perspective of existence and encourages human development.

In conclusion, this publication is informative and enlightening. It comprises some basic truths and helpful information. Besides, it's well edited because I didn't see any grammatical or typographical errors. Therefore, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I don't have any reason to rate it lower, and I recommend it to philosophy students and persons seeking philosophical ways to live a better life.

The World According To Good Gods
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

Whoa, this book sounds very serious and deep- congratulations on making it through to the end! Great review, but this sort of book is not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This one seems a bit too philosophical and spiritual for me. I have a specific set of beliefs and don't think this would fit with those. Plus, the subject matter is just not interesting to me. Thanks for the review, though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A spiritual book with philosophy and myth sounds very engaging, however, this is not in my interests of reads. Good review though.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

I love philosophical book, but with a touch of spiritual? I guess I'll skip this one. But nice review.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Thanks for the informative review. I do like philosophy and the spiritual evolution conversation would be interesting. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The book sounds deep. I was amused at the 'how to have a healthy, erotic and loving relationships with members of the opposite sex' part. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”