Review by Eco-Saver -- If life stinks get your head outt...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Eco-Saver
Favorite Book: Anne's House of Dreams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eco-saver.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Review by Eco-Saver -- If life stinks get your head outt...

Post by Eco-Saver » 03 Oct 2018, 07:07

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

[The following is a Review of If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Out of Your Buts: A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success by Mark L. Wdowiak]

As with most self-help books, the author’s overall approach is to encourage and inspire you to become a better you. That being said, the author (Mark) uses more of a soft “tough love” feel to get your attention and shake you out of your current way of thinking. The book is broken down into four parts: the initial concept, taking responsibility for yourself, taking control of your thinking, and taking action. Mark shows how to apply these ideas to achieve success in all aspects of life, whether it’s money, relationships, etc.

I will admit that none of the information presented is new in and of itself. We’ve all heard “live up to your potential” or variations of this thought. However, I enjoyed that Mark puts more emphasis on how you can take control of your destiny. It’s up to you to become wealthy, to have wonderful friendships, and to choose happiness.

Much of the concepts feel a little repetitive at first, but this is common in the self-help genre. As I read the book, the more I heard variations on “choose success”, the more I started to put it together in my mind. Mark uses personal experiences to great effect to illustrate his tough love message. His personal stories run throughout the book to show how to take charge and meet even life’s unexpected challenges with success.

At first, I didn’t like the concept of “you create your reality”, but as I read on, I realized that how I perceive my past, present, and future goals affect my satisfaction with where I am in life and my hopes for the future. It doesn’t send me to an alternate reality like a science fiction novel, but it does cloud my judgment about current opportunities and blessings.

What I liked most was how matter of fact Mark was while still being positive and uplifting. Yes, he tells you that your happiness and success is 100% your responsibility, but he also shows you that you can do it. You can do it because you’re already great, you just have to apply yourself. You won’t be successful without effort, but you can do it!

Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. Anybody could take these concepts and use them to start pursuing success in whatever areas of life they want to achieve it. Mark’s “Buts” book is easy to read and easy to apply step by step.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Eco-Saver's review? Post a comment saying so!

FictionLover
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 86
Favorite Book: If life stinks get your head outta your buts
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fictionlover.html
Latest Review: Tante Minnie by Marilyn Parker
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by FictionLover » 03 Oct 2018, 17:52

At first, I didn’t like the concept of “you create your reality”, but as I read on, I realized that how I perceive my past, present, and future goals affect my satisfaction with where I am in life and my hopes for the future. It doesn’t send me to an alternate reality like a science fiction novel, but it does cloud my judgment about current opportunities and blessings.
I have seen this concept before, and I believe it is meant to teach you that you can change things in your life. If you can create something you don't like, you can create something you do like, or love!

Sometimes (I feel) it is misinterpreted as a 'blame the victim' kind of philosophy.

Thanks for your review.

:tiphat:
"I love reading another reader’s list of favorites. Even when I find I do not share their tastes or predilections, I am provoked to compare, contrast, and contradict. It is a most healthy exercise, and one altogether fruitful." T.S. Eliot

Kibetious
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 44
Currently Reading: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibetious.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Kibetious » 01 Nov 2018, 07:38

This is a wonderful review. Thanks for the wonderful job. What I would appreciate most is the fact that the author used his own stories in the book also. It makes more authentic and prevents the feeling that the author is passing on something that is not practical.
​​​​​​He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”