Official Review: The 60 Second Sale by David V. Lorenzo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Official Review: The 60 Second Sale by David V. Lorenzo

Post by Kristy Khem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The 60 Second Sale" by David V. Lorenzo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 60 Second Sale: The Ultimate System for Building Lifelong Client Relationships in the Blink of an Eye is a sales masterpiece. It was written by David V. Lorenzo. The book focuses on the humanitarian aspect of sales rather than the cutthroat aspect of peddling a product onto an unsuspecting prospect. Lorenzo emphasizes that the most important thing to remember when building a successful sales’ career is to form human connections with the clients and work together with them to help fulfill their needs. In this book, he shares several mind-blowing techniques that can develop into a new way of life for salespersons, managers, and entrepreneurs who want to amplify their career success.

Two years ago, I joined the sales force of a prominent insurance company. As a rookie determined to excel, I studied several books on sales, learned several scripts for cold-calling, and received copious amounts of advice from my mentors and manager. Although I expected that this book would contain the same tips and techniques that have been circulating in the sales’ industry for some time now, I decided to read it in case it contained something new. I was pleasantly surprised that this book provided not one, but several new insights into succeeding at sales, while being 100% relatable.

I related to the most common sales interview question in the history of sales – Can you sell me this pen? I laughed out loud when I read this because I am certain all managers ask this of their salespeople when they first join a company. Lorenzo also mentioned a character called Mr. Ralph, who sold office supplies. Mr. Ralph always took the time to form a relationship with his clients and due to this, he always had a lot of referrals. Therefore, his business thrived. For me, this character is synonymous with Leroy Shuffler, who was featured in another popular sales’ book called Crumbs from the Master’s Table: A Philosophy of Sales Success and Life Mastery. Furthermore, Lorenzo stated that many business leaders were obsessed with their ‘pipeline’ of administrative work. This could not be truer! The insurance company which I worked for actually implemented a computer program called Pipeline where each sales representative had to input every aspect of their sales’ activities or face a salary delay. These are just a few examples of the things which I was able to relate to.

The most distinguishing feature of this book was that it focused on action-oriented activities. It did not try to change my mindset or listed countless reasons why I might be struggling to sell products. Instead, the book provided a game-plan for success. The RaporMax System really resonated with me. I now understand the importance of keeping in touch with one’s natural network of people, not just through conversations, but through frequent emails and social media posts. When I began my career, I wish I knew that creating and disseminating resourceful articles on a variety of topics would have paved the way for future success. I totally agree with the author that frequent communication builds trust. Furthermore, I appreciated the advice on displaying a charming social media presence because I did not realize that this also played a role in sales. Creating a honeypot (an engagement method to turn suspects into prospects) was another great idea. I have no doubt that once it is implemented properly, it will eventually provide more clients.

The information in this book was skillfully delivered. It was very insightful and enjoyable to read. It was also edited well because I did not find any errors. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It will appeal to anyone who wants to improve their sales’ career, including financial advisors, business leaders, managers, and sales representatives. However, persons who are not familiar with the basic concepts of sales may not enjoy this book.

The 60 Second Sale
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KristyKhem's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This review presents a unique way of approaching sales. The focus on people and networking are priorities. The author seems to be very positive and excited about this approach and conveys these attitudes in the book. I think these same attitudes would be useful in any human relationship. Great review! Thanks.
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

kdstrack wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 06:27 This review presents a unique way of approaching sales. The focus on people and networking are priorities. The author seems to be very positive and excited about this approach and conveys these attitudes in the book. I think these same attitudes would be useful in any human relationship. Great review! Thanks.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts! As a reader, I definitely saw the passion and enthusiasm for sales, networking and human connection through the author's words.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I am just not a sales person. Perhaps because I'm not a big people person either. I do like that this one is more action oriented. Still, I hope to not have need of this book any time soon. So, I'm going to pass. Glad that you found it useful, though!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

This book sounds well organized and detailed orient. I don't think I would find much pleasure in it or get much out of it, but someone who is interested in this career choice would definite benefit from taking a look at it.
Mac :techie-reference:
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I read this one too. I have had success using the email database and providing meaningful content. However, I felt some of his strategies were manipulative. It seemed like he was using tricks at times. For instance once he said something about making a list of what qualities an expert should have and making sure the list matches your qualifications exactly. Still, I did find a lot of value in the techniques presented.
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

Thanks goodness someone has written a book on sales techniques that promotes the idea that customers are people firstly, wallets second. I am the worst salesperson in the world and in my chosen profession, I hope never to need a book like this, but your review made me think about marketing a little differently. Great work!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

The use of social media as a key tool in business activities these days cannot be overemphasized. Other methods of marketing recently seem primitive hence making social media a major key to successful marketing. Also goes to prove constant communication builds trust in business. Definitely going to read this. Thank you for the review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

T_stone wrote: 02 Oct 2018, 22:29 The use of social media as a key tool in business activities these days cannot be overemphasized. Other methods of marketing recently seem primitive hence making social media a major key to successful marketing. Also goes to prove constant communication builds trust in business. Definitely going to read this. Thank you for the review
I agree with you! I'm glad my review encouraged you to read this one. It won't disappoint you :)
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Sales has always been a challenging piece for me in the businesses I have had. This author sounds like he knows his stuff. I like the humanitarian approach. My realtor is good at sales, and she contacts me frequently with articles, emails, etc. The right frequency is important. Thanks for the great introduction to this book.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

While I'm not in sales in so far as I don't sell a product, I am in comms so some of the same principles apply. Your review picks out some genuinely helpful tips (keeping your natural network updated) so thank you!
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Julie Green wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 01:57 While I'm not in sales in so far as I don't sell a product, I am in comms so some of the same principles apply. Your review picks out some genuinely helpful tips (keeping your natural network updated) so thank you!
Excellent! I'm glad you found something that you can apply to your profession. Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”