Official Review: Master In The Making

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Master In The Making

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Master In The Making" by Julie Ann Guthrie-Smulson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"The answers you seek in enlightenment are always hidden within the seeker. You're your own master!" I got this intriguing statement from Master In The Making by Julie Ann Guthrie-Smulson. This book is chiefly about the author's spiritual journey. Unveiling her supernatural experiences, it tells how she became a spiritual healer and reiki master. Also, it shows the trials she experienced from childhood to adulthood.

Involving reiki practice and chakra balancing, the narrative reveals Julie's soul-cleansing journey. It contains qigong exercises, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), and the balancing of masculine/feminine energies in the body. Furthermore, it shows how Julie discovered she had repressed memories and how she tried to retrieve them. Telling about her marriage, relationships, job, and family of origin, it comprises some spiritual information and lessons, such as how to let go and free yourself. From the narrative, I learned a fascinating fact that the left hand is connected to the heart emotionally.

Being informative and enlightening, this book is written in an engaging manner, which makes you want to read more to know the outcome of things. It's simple and comprehensible. Consisting of the author's personal stories, it flows smoothly. It discusses a lot of supernatural matters that will interest people seeking emotional and spiritual healing. Again, it tells about generational karma, and it involves child sexual abuse and the use of mediums. So, if you're very sensitive about the aforementioned subjects, I advise you to skip this book.

Although the narrative is written in a gripping way, it is vague. I feel that the author should have added more detail. Actually, some parts of the narration are superficial. Hence, I couldn't really relate to her stories. Since she tried to relate her experiences in an engaging style, she should have included more dialogues. The account reveals many interesting characters; if there had been more conversations, it would have been very entertaining. Besides, the inclusion of sufficient background and personal information about the other characters would have enabled relatability.

In conclusion, the book is educative and inspirational. I noticed some grammatical and typographical errors, such as "He told me had been born in Belgium" and "It is a is a difficult role for me." Therefore, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I couldn't rate it higher because of the lack of depth and grammar flaws. It will be useful for anyone who has been sexually abused as a child and any person seeking spiritual transformation.

Master In The Making
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble | on iTunes

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm sorry that the author has been so much. I'm glad that she was able to find spiritual healing. However, the spiritual nature of the book keeps me from wanting to read it. So, I'll pass, but I hope that the right audience finds this book. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I enjoy inspiring books. I think I would enjoy reading this one. I like that she is a spiritual healer as well, a topic a lot of people don't tend to address. It's sad it is lacking depth and has grammar errors in it.
Mac :techie-reference:
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

A comprehensive, sensitive review, Rosemary, that gives enough detail to entice a prospective reader. It is not my sort of subject matter, but may appeal to others.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A well written,educative and engaging inspiring book. Glad she found healing in the end though but the grammar errors and lack of depth will make it a turn off for those that are not into spiritual healing books but want to give a try to it. Good review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”