Review by Ravinder+Kaur -- Lead us to a place

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ravinder+Kaur
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravinder-kaur.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: Kindle

Review by Ravinder+Kaur -- Lead us to a place

Post by Ravinder+Kaur »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lead us to a place" by Andrew Pacholyk.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lead us to a place by Andrew Pacholyk is a wonderful guide or mapbook leading you to the destination of complete well-being. It is an attempt by the author, to steer seekers of wellness, in a particular direction which allows them to heal themselves.

The book begins with the tenet that it does not preach religious dogma nor a one-sided view of faith. It is rather a 'window' to all faiths, religions and ancient beliefs that lead us to the same place... our spirituality. Andrew shows us unconventional, centuries-old healing techniques like aromatherapy, stones, crystals, life-motivating affirmations, the magic of music, the power of prayer, dance and daily exercises of Yoga.

The author has taken the book to the next level by introducing the Chinese traditional medicine which likens the natural seasons to the seasons of our lives, as in, our life can be divided into four quadrants- the beginning few years are like spring when we start to unearth the raw energy of who we are. And the last quarter is paralled to winter when we tend to look within and feel at peace with whom we've become. This approach also lists the foods that need to be changed with the change of season.

Then, there's the Ayurvedic paradigm of medicine which works with the elements, dosha and seasons for better living. People, their health and Universe are all supposed to be interrelated and should be in harmony with the nature. The Ayurvedic philosophy also preaches the benefits of the 7-chakras balancing meditation and the white light energy meditation which I personally found very helpful.

The author gives us enlightening messages in little 'gemstones' he offers along the path. In the form of poetry these contain precious life-lessons for personal growth.

There's nothing that I disliked about the book, except very few grammatical errors. The writing style is simple and comprehensible and anybody can choose to follow any given method ( out of so-many, which I'm sure I may've forgotten to mention) for their personal growth. I wholeheartedly give this book 4 out of 4 stars , and also recommend it to the general milieu out there to use this book as a how-to workbook or guide for all times.

Lead us to a place
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ravinder+Kaur's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”