Official Review: Duped x3 Liars! (semibiographical memoir)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
anix67
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anix67.html
Latest Review: Duped x3 Liars! (semibiographical memoir) by Alice-Rose Trent

Official Review: Duped x3 Liars! (semibiographical memoir)

Post by anix67 » 18 Sep 2018, 22:25

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Duped x3 Liars! (semibiographical memoir)" by Alice-Rose Trent.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Duped X3 Liars follows the story of Belle Windsor, a middle-class mother who faces many hardships in life. Although she didn’t necessarily think life would be easy, Belle had no idea the drama and danger she would have to suffer through. Belle finds herself accidentally marrying a psycho, facing the world of prostitution, having her life script stolen, and much more in this semi-biographical memoir.

I have to admit that I don’t generally enjoy this genre of book. However, I heard a lot of good things about this book from a friend and decided to read it for myself. I was captivated by Alice-Rose Trent’s story by the time I got about 1/4th of the way through the book. The author managed to draw enchanting pictures through her creative word play and left me feeling that I was actually standing next to Belle. One of the main two things that I look for in a book is attention to detail. I like to ask myself, is this enough detail to keep me interested and the story moving forward? Is this so much detail that I no longer care because I am bored? If the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to the second question is no, then I continue reading. Alice-Rose Trent managed to conjure up a piece of writing that found the perfect balance between too much and too little detail.

The second thing I like to look for in a book is the length of it. I have no problem reading a long book but only if there is enough material to fill the pages with interesting storylines. I like to ask myself, is this page just filler so that the book is longer? Unfortunately, Alice-Rose Trent fell a little flat on this part. Although she continued to create beautiful imagery with her words, there was just not enough of a storyline left to make it interesting for the last 1/4th of the book.

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I would give it 3 stars because I found the imagery to be so enchanting and exciting. However, I would not rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it felt like many pages towards the end were just filler.

If you are somebody who really enjoys intriguing and exciting imagery, then I would recommend this book to you. If you get frustrated when books are extended by mere filler pages, then I would not recommended that you read Duped X3 Liars!

Duped x3 Liars! (semibiographical memoir)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like anix67's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”