Official Review: In Search of Lost Lives by Michael Goddart

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Official Review: In Search of Lost Lives by Michael Goddart

Post by Mely918 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In Search of Lost Lives" by Michael Goddart.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Search of Lost Lives by Michael Goddart is a memoir in which Goddart tells of the many reincarnations he has experienced. The author talks about the impact each life had on him and how it transformed him into the being that he is today. All of his lives have provided a spiritual opportunity for him to grow and learn. He goes into great detail about the things he saw and experienced during each reincarnation. This book is essentially about self-discovery.

Goddart began to uncover vivid details about his past lives in 2013. He learns how many of his major character traits were a direct result of the experiences he had in these lives. He also finds out why some of the people in his present life felt familiar to him. He interacted with them in past reincarnations, so he felt a strong connection to them in this life. Goddart talks about the lives that he had as a British banker, Baltimore architect, Danish businessman, and Swedish girl, to name a few. There were also instances where he led lives on different planets. Additionally, there are times in which he reincarnated into animals as a result of sins that he committed during some of his human lives.

This book was an overall enjoyable read. It was a lot of fun learning about the many different experiences that Goddart had in all of his reincarnations. I appreciated his openness when telling the reader of everything he went through. The book oftentimes felt like an adventure, which made it all the more captivating. The memoir seemed professionally edited. I caught less than ten errors, and the book was over 400 pages long. Furthermore, it was evident that Goddart paid very close attention to details. He was very descriptive about the way he looked in each of his lives as well as his surroundings, whether it was in a different country or a different planet.

My only problem with this book was how lengthy the paragraphs got at times. They sometimes went on for over a page. That made the book drag in some instances. Personally, I think it’s better to have shorter paragraphs. That way, the book will flow more smoothly. Having such long paragraphs might disengage the readers. It would be a shame to lose readers over something like that, especially given how well-written the book is overall.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It was a generally great book. The descriptions were excellent. The narration was thorough and engaging. However, due to the lengthy paragraphs and how often they occurred, I decided not to give it a perfect score. Once it’s fixed, I will definitely rate it a 4 out of 4. This book is a great choice for someone looking to read about a spiritual journey. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who isn’t a big believer of reincarnation or spirituality, though.

In Search of Lost Lives
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mely918's review? Post a comment saying so!
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

I enjoy books with real life experiences. Goddart once led a life as a Swedish girl? I really should read a book to learn about his different experiences. Fascinating review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm don't believe in past lives. Therefore, I don't think this book would appeal to me. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it, though the paragraphs do sound distracting at times. Nevertheless, thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Galnius
Currently Reading: The Last City of America
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-galnius.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Galnius »

What I'm not exactly the biggest believer in reincarnation on other planets, it does seem like it would be incredibly to see the claims.
MsLisa
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mslisa.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by MsLisa »

It sounds like an interesting book. I would definitely give it a read.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I've always found past lives to be so interesting. I wonder about what happens to our souls and if they have lessons that travel with them. Its always hopeful, refreshing to hear about near death experiences or past life regression therapy. There are too many things in life that may never have concrete answers.
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Looking back at our past, whether it be in an extraordinary manner just like what you've described this book to be dealing with or merely by usual self-reflection, would be good. This is especially if such is meant towards righting our wrongs, knowing what we could do to make things right, and strengthening our resolve to do as we should. Thank you for your descriptive review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Thanks for your review. I have mixed feelings for this book. While I do not believe in reincarnations nor am so keen on spirituality, I still think I would be interested in reading this book, if only to read about the various experiences Goddart gathered during his multiple lifetimes. However, lengthy paragraphs are always off-putting to me, so I would probably pass this one. Great review!
trajoe1206
Currently Reading: The Witch of Endor: Vampires
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trajoe1206.html
Latest Review: The Witch of Endor by RK Wheeler
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by trajoe1206 »

Thanks for the review. I believe in reincarnation, but I'm not sure if I believe in what Michael is saying. Maybe I will have to read it :)
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

I am glad that you enjoyed this book and got something out of it. Paragraphs longer than a page is rather unusual. A memoir about re-incarnation does not appeal to me so I don't think I would wish to read that story.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

The book sounds mindboggling. A memoir spanning many lives! How did the author come by all the information about his past lives? Intriguing.
Thanks for the insightful review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
stacie k
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacie-k.html
Latest Review: River Kids by Jennie Linnane

Post by stacie k »

I don’t believe in reincarnation, so this book is not a good fit for me. However, if it were presented as fantasy/fiction, I imagine it would be quite interesting.
“The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable.” Proverbs 15:2a
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

I don't give reincarnation much thought but it might still be interesting to read about. I think a believer would be interested in this book. Thank you!
:techie-studyingbrown:
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

This sounds fascinating to me. I believe strongly in reincarnation but am never sure of how reliable people's information is about their past lives. It would still be interesting to read about the lives and the experiences and issues that connect them.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I strongly believe in reincarnation and I will like to know more as I'm a strong believer in it.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”