Official Review: Again and Again God Answers Prayer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Official Review: Again and Again God Answers Prayer

Post by KitabuKizuri »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Again and Again God Answers Prayer" by Miltonetta Atwater.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Megan is a family woman, married and raising three daughters. Her husband, Dave, is a busy man that supports his family but isn’t around much after a job posting out of town. Since Megan is having a difficult time holding the fort by herself she eventually turns to God for help after getting born again.

As she prayerfully lives her life trying her best to please her husband she tells of events that are nothing but supernatural. When she was low on food and didn’t want to burden her parents for help to feed her children, a friend came through for her without her asking and bought her food. This happened after they attended a prayer meeting while her children were doing their homework back at home. One of the most astounding miracles she talks about involves a problem with her noise-making Fiat, which clearly had a serious mechanical problem. When she and her friend Shirley were going to work in the car, they agreed in prayer through the word (amid the cacophony) for a solution. When they took the car back on the road in the evening, all the noise was gone! Did a Good Samaritan fix it while they were at work or was there an angel involved? Either way, it was a miracle since I have heard similar stories of 'mechanical healing' and found it hard to believe.

Kimmy, Meghan’s daughter, had her own moments when the boy she fancied started seeing another girl in school. Her prayers were answered as she got comforted through the words of a teaching about the battlefield of the mind. Sometimes the enemy manipulates our emotions/imaginations so that we lose control of our thoughts (and lose our peace of mind).

Again and Again God Answers Prayer is written by Miltonetta Atwater. It is a short book that shares stories of answered prayers meant to inspire and encourage believers of the Christian faith to pray without ceasing. Another common acronym that comes to mind is PUSH – Pray Until Something Happens.

I like the fact that we get to see prayer life from the perspective of a mother and also her growing child in the same book. Women who are starting families and have children young or grown will benefit a lot from reading this book. I highly recommend it to them. Single or dating girls and ladies will also benefit highly from Kimmy’s story, which shows what girls go through at times when they spend time with boys and end up involved emotionally without even starting a relationship officially. I guess if boys read the book they would also learn not to lead a girl on and avoid ‘platonic’ friendships, or at least tactfully find out how a girl feels about them while hanging out. Those who are struggling in their prayer lives can draw encouragement from reading the book. It can also be a valuable source of study material for Bible study groups.

There were one or two errors in the book. The author kept her story simple and didn’t sway from the theme of the book on answered prayer. I think that is commendable, although I thought the book was a bit short. The author could have included more stories from friends and church-faithful if possible. I give it 3 out of 4 stars.

Again and Again God Answers Prayer
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like KitabuKitamu's review? Post a comment saying so!
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

It seems I will benefit a lot from the book. It serves as an encouragement for believers who tend to give up when things don't go their way. I hope it also teaches how one should pray in order to receive an answer. I will read the book to find out. Outstanding review!
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:

Post by KitabuKizuri »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 10:58 It seems I will benefit a lot from the book. It works as an encouragement for believers who tend to give up when things don't go their way. I hope it also teaches how one should pray in order to receive an answer. I will read the book to find out. Outstanding review!
Do read the book, it's worth it!
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

Wow! The stories of these answered prayers/miracles sound mind-blowing. I'd love to read this book. Mechanical healing is something I haven't heard of until now or experienced. Thanks for the amazing review.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

The Creator of all things is always working miracles in our lives. Sometimes they come in small packages and sometimes in large ones. This is truly an inspirational book. Thank you for your insightful review of this book.
BLINKYNOEL36
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by BLINKYNOEL36 »

I woukd love to read this book. I was raised Catholic but struggle with fairb ay age 4p.
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:

Post by KitabuKizuri »

crediblereading2 wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 20:48 The Creator of all things is always working miracles in our lives. Sometimes they come in small packages and sometimes in large ones. This is truly an inspirational book. Thank you for your insightful review of this book.
Oulababe wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 14:28 Wow! The stories of these answered prayers/miracles sound mind-blowing. I'd love to read this book. Mechanical healing is something I haven't heard of until now or experienced. Thanks for the amazing review.
Thanks for checking out the review, glad you gained something...
KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:

Post by KitabuKizuri »

BLINKYNOEL36 wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 09:12 I woukd love to read this book. I was raised Catholic but struggle with fairb ay age 4p.
Same here, this book definitely helps.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”