Review by Candym -- If life stinks get your head outta y...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Candym
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-candym.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by Candym -- If life stinks get your head outta y...

Post by Candym » 12 Sep 2018, 15:08

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I was not anticipating that I would enjoy reading a self-help book, but as I began reading If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's , I found that I was very much surprised. Pleasantly so. Thus I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. As it turned out, this book, written by Mark L. Wdowiak addressed many pertinent issues that face us in day-to-day living. Unless your life is perfect and you are completely satisfied with where you find yourselves on this journey of life, the author offers us a no nonsense approach to finding happiness, and hopefully success as well.

Our thinking can inhibit our ability to overcome obstacles, which we turn into excuses. We often follow a thinking pattern that allows us to make excuses as we seek to find elusive solutions to moving ahead in our lives. All too often we abdicate our own responsibility and blame other people and circumstances.

If only... but... How easy it is to find a way to avoid making necessary changes in our lives by looking outside ourselves. By repeating behaviors and thinking patterns we find that we are getting nowhere. Right back where we began. We may embrace these crutches that allow us to deny our own responsibilities by placing our failures anywhere but on our own shoulders. Change is hard, but change is the way we can begin to find happiness
and to become successful.

The author reminds us that we already know that to continue doing the same things over and over,we will also repeat the disappointment of failure. Wdowiak tells of his personal approach to finding new ways of thinking and working toward a goal. The necessary first step is to identify a goal. To be aware of what we wish to achieve allows us to focus. A specific goal, not some vague idea that we want more than we have. Our focus should be on our strengths, not weaknesses .He encourages us to think positively about ourselves and our abilities , increasing our self-confidence as we reach for better lives. These lives are ours to embrace or regret.

It is suggested that we look around at other people who may have achieved some success, and consider doing things the way they do. How have they attained what we envy? Observe and study how others were able to achieve positive results,and commit ourselves to emulating their behaviors. We can
overcome our resentment. Once we choose to replace stagnation with self-confidence,we can also be able to achieve success. If we do not try, we will not succeed. Like that Little Engine that Could we need to believe we can, we can, we will get up that hill.

It was the author's comparison between obligation and responsibility that struck me on a personal level. Am I doing things out of a sense of obligation or responsibility? We can sabotage ourselves when we allow ourselves to be manipulated into a false sense of responsibility. Things done for others, with a few exceptions, should be be done graciously. People are responsible for their own actions, and by recognizing this we can avoid getting caught up in assuming responsibility for their actions. Our power is ours to believe in. Growth is a step- by-step process. Positive thinking, meditation, and self-awareness provide great benefits. We can control our thinking, our confidence, and our focus as we move our lives forward.

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Candym's review? Post a comment saying so!

Mmg8464
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 18
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 244
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmg8464.html

Post by Mmg8464 » 01 Nov 2018, 13:39

I’m a believer of positive thinking and affirmation, and I try to practice as much as possible. I love your review. It really sounded like you enjoyed and were inspired by the book! Thanks for your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”