Review by 32carla -- If life stinks get your head outta ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
32carla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-32carla.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Review by 32carla -- If life stinks get your head outta ...

Post by 32carla » 10 Sep 2018, 19:12

[Following is a volunteer review of "If life stinks get your head outta your buts" by Mark L. Wdowiak.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s - A No-Nonsense Guide to Happiness and Success by Mark L Wdowiak

Responsibility - specifically, responsibility for yourself. This is the main theme in If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But’s, and it is driven home eloquently and in a friendly manner. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It was easy to read, uplifting and positive, and reminded me that I am truly the master of my own destiny.

Mark L Wdowiak comes across as being a friend - a friend who doesn’t accept excuses or any slacking off, but is kind, gentle, and wants to see you succeed. A “tough love” friend of sorts, which is a person I believe we all need in life. He describes many of his own personal stories of rough patches in life and not taking responsibility, which we can all relate to. Many stories take place when he was a young man and his father would offer advice that still resonates to this day. Mark’s stories are humorous and relatable, and at the same time deliver the one-two punch of reality we all need once in a while.

Right away, he insists on accountability - after each chapter, the reader is to write their initials - as in, “Ok, I get it, I accept this, I will put this chapter into work in my real life”. I thought this was an easy and clever way to reiterate that the reader is reading this book in order to take control of their own life!

The focus of this book is not exactly on whether or not what the reader wants is out there - the focus is that it IS out there. So WHY haven’t you gotten what you want? He digs into whether the reader doesn’t know it’s out there, doesn’t believe it’s out there, or perhaps they don’t want it? Or are they not wiling or able? All of these questions are interesting and he encourages - gently and with understanding - the reader to really get to the meat of it.

Mr Wdowiak describes “3 Areas of Critical Consideration” and likens these to when we are babies - Area #1: Crawl, Area #2: Walk, and Area #3: Run. He goes over each of these areas in a series of chapters and describes in detail taking responsibility for yourself, taking control in your thinking, and taking action on your behalf. It’s extraordinary the passion he has behind these progressions, and the persistence of a friend who is there, really THERE for you, cheer leading on the side! He knows that you are capable of experiencing all the wonderful things in life. He asks, “Do you need a sign? The sign is this book. A miracle? Your life is the miracle”. It encouraged me to keep reading, keep digging, and really get to know myself more.

While reading this book, I found myself ruminating about my own decisions in life and how I can empower myself as I continue down life’s path. It was thought-provoking and introspective. It felt like a friend was gently reminding me of the power I have - happiness and success are right at my fingertips; it’s up to me to recognize that I am the only one who can tap into it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was very easy to read, it felt like a friend was talking to me, and it was incredibly inspiring. I will pick this book up and skim through it when I am feeling defeated or “off” about my life. It will definitely pick my spirits up and remind me that I am the only one who can rework my life and attitude!

If life stinks get your head outta your buts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like 32carla's review? Post a comment saying so!

thaservices1
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 66
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello

Post by thaservices1 » 11 Sep 2018, 20:09

A very nice review. I found this book enjoyable and uplifting as well.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”