Official Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Official Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by katiesquilts »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Employee Millionaire" by H. J. Chammas.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

For me and many others around the world, money is the most anxiety-inducing part of our lives. Sometimes the problem is that there’s not enough, sometimes it’s that it’s not coming in when it’s needed. For people who work full-time and still aren’t making ends meet, it’s not that easy to pick up a side hustle or part-time job, especially if you have family to take care of. A lot of the reviewers on this site probably started reviewing because it was a way to make a little cash while doing what they would normally be doing anyways, reading. However, if you’re not a super fast reader, your pay per hour is probably only a few cents, perhaps a little over a dollar. Thinking of things from that perspective, it’s hard not to want an easier way to make money while going through everyday tasks or without having to make major changes to your lifestyle.

H. J. Chammas’s book The Employee Millionaire was written exactly with these kinds of people in mind. You have a full-time job that sucks up all your time, but still doesn’t pay you enough for you to live the lifestyle you desire. Instead of working longer, harder hours, you want to invest your money wisely and have it multiply by itself, without you needed to check in on it often. The answer to your problems, my friends, is investing in rental properties. Of course, not everyone is able to properly select, finance, and manage rental properties, but after reading The Employee Millionaire I’m itching to try it out for myself.

What I liked most about The Employee Millionaire is that Chammas is very, very thorough. He compares the amount of money earned with rental properties to the amount you can earn through other types of investing and gives many other examples throughout the book of different choices you can make as an investor. Not only that, but he walks you through the entire process of determining which properties will actually make you money, financing them, going through the paperwork to complete the sale, leasing the property, and managing it by yourself or through a company. He doesn’t stop there, either. There was a section about the proper process for evicting residents, an unpleasant process that Chammas wanted to share with the reader before they may have to go through it themselves. This really shows that Chammas planned the book with the reader in mind, wanting to give them as much information as possible to make their investments a success without having to learn things the hard way when they eventually pop up in real life.

There are a lot of formulas in the book to help you determine whether a property will be profitable or not. These are formulas that serious real estate investors use every single day, and I never would have imagined thinking of the properties in those terms. There is really a lot to take into consideration when viewing a prospective rental property, but Chammas is sure not to leave anything out. Also, the formulas and other useful resources are available for download on the book's website, which I'm sure would help many people. The only complaints I had about the book are that there are quite a few minor errors, such as missing words from sentences and misused words. I feel like most of them could have been caught with another round of proofreading.

I wish I could give The Employee Millionaire 4 stars because I really did enjoy it, but the number of mistakes scattered throughout the book made it look a little unprofessional, so I can only give it 3 out of 4 stars. However, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is struggling to make ends meet or is interested in investing their money but isn’t sure where to start. Despite the terminology and formulas, the book is very easy to understand and is suitable for anyone. I’ve already chattered about it to my own family members and am looking forward to the day when I’ll be able to put Chammas’s advice into practice.

The Employee Millionaire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like katiesquilts's review? Post a comment saying so!
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

It sounds like this book offers practical advice for those wanting to invest in real estate. Great review!
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by daydreaming reader »

This book sounds extremely helpful, especially with regards to the formulas because sometimes these things can be frustrating. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It really is too bad about the mistakes, but I have definitely thought of doing something like this. I'm just not sure if I could or not. I've heard horror stories about these types of things. So, this would be a very good book for me to read. Thanks for this one! I'll have to look into it.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Great review. I don't think being a landlord is for me, but I can imagine this book could help lots of people.
Rick Swan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rick-swan.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Rick Swan »

I agree with the points you've raised katiesquilts. The content would have deserved 4 stars had it been a bit more polished. Anyone who reads the first paragraph of this review and is frustrated at the amount of extra income they can "earn" should read this book - it's all about how to generate "unearned" income.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”