Official Review: God Will Never Divorce You!

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: God Will Never Divorce You!

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "God Will Never Divorce You!" by Edgar Baez, JD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

God Will Never Divorce You! by Edgar Baez, JD is an insightful and illuminating read. As a divorce lawyer, Baez has seen first-hand the devastating effects of divorce both on the marriage partners and on the children involved. In this brief and well-crafted book, he delves into marriage as fashioned by God. Baez reveals the creation of marriage as a mirror of God’s love for mankind. He discusses the challenges experienced by couples from issues surrounding intimacy, to the fight for control and the deception that the devil has created to destroy the family unit. Best of all, he shows how, through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we can succeed in marriage.

I liked that the author shares his mistakes and how, through his identity in Jesus, he has been able to change himself and therefore he is now able to love and accept his wife as she is. The tone of the book also does not come off as arrogant or judgemental, rather, the author adopts a loving attitude towards those struggling in marriage. He offers sound advice that is applicable for everyone willing to learn the concept of marriage from a Christian perspective.

It is not every day that you find a divorce lawyer writing about how marriage can be fortified. It almost sounds contradictory but after reading the book, I came to appreciate how the author’s experiences both in his professional work and personal life have provided a great learning platform. The information he has acquired along the way is now shared in this book. One important lesson discussed in the book is how human beings try to “help” God. We replace His plan for our lives with what we think will be befitting for us. The modern world also exalts personal happiness over patience and love for others. These and many other similar factors have led to the destruction of many marriage unions.

I also liked the book’s length. The discussions are succinct and to the point. The author does not over complicate his explanations and keeps his tone conversational. He designs the book in well-structured chapters that contain content which anyone can easily grasp. He also includes Biblical scriptures to back his explanations.

Probably the inclusion of more personal accounts would have made the book even more captivating. Still, God Will Never Divorce You! by Edgar Baez, JD is a delightful and informative read that will prove useful to all readers interested in learning about marriage from a Christian perspective. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

God Will Never Divorce You!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I can only imagine the stories he has and the things he's seen being a divorce lawyer. I love that he's used that knowledge to create a book to help others not have to go through that. Sounds like an awesome book that many people could benefit from. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

The author definitely has an unique point of view with his occupation being a divorce lawyer. I like how he backs everything up with scriptures. Thanks for your review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This seems like an interesting look at divorce from a principled point of view. There are not only his own experiences about what he has seen in his practice, but also practical advice about how to make marriage work. Thanks for your review on this book. It is very enlightening.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

This could be a very useful book for couples who may be considering a divorce. The author, as a divorce lawyer and with his personal faith in God, shares from his experiences without judgment. Great review.
Olive Branch Reader
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Olive Branch Reader »

Thank you for the review and positive, inspiring comments on author Edgar Baez'sbook, God Will Never Divorce You. Your review caught my interest at heart. Because it's seldom, or it's very rare that conservative worldview on life, marriage, preservation of human life and humanity is expressed and heard in the secular parlance. Kudos to you!

I don't advocate divorce. Neither do I appeal to legally staying in a loveless, unfaithful marriage. As well, I do not accept the victimhood-society-- at any whim or imagined, to get out of a marriage and family responsibilities to pursue another person.

God Will Never Divorce You is written pointing to a loving Father and a divine 'Faithful Husband' speaking to people who are truly suffering from marriages that are slowly drifting apart and divorce is their only solution. But through all sadness, fear, disappointments, turmoil and genuine pain-- God remains the same loving, prayer-answering God, gracious, and always forgiving--forever.

Looks like a good read. Reading the Preface, I believe Christian author and lawyer, Edgar Baez, has done a good job to have written the book. Thank you.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

I love this. I definitely need to read this one. I watched a video series called iMarriage and the speaker discusses the fact that we are supposed to love our spouse the way that Jesus loves us. God brought us together to love one another. It was expressed much better by the speaker, but it just really touched me that we need to see our space through the eyes of Jesus. Excellent review.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kareka88 »

The fact that the author is not only a divorce lawyer but also a Christian would make for an interesting read,
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

I love the title cause I believe God will never divorce me. However I have to read the book to understand some of the lessons you've written about like "helping" God.
Monie_raey
Currently Reading: Longthroat Memoirs
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monie-raey.html
Latest Review: Junk Justice by Gerry Rising

Post by Monie_raey »

The title of the book in itself is captivating. Especially if one is the religious kind. Not everyday one stumbles across something so different. I like the part of the review that talks about how the writer made it a point to stress on the fact that our society 'over emphasize' on one's happiness in total exclusion with others around you. It's good to see a book validating my wandering thoughts.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”