Official Review: Stillpoint by James Ross Godbe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bluegreenmarina
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Drive Your Plow Over The Bones Of The Dead
Bookshelf Size: 1230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluegreenmarina.html
Latest Review: Spontaneous Addiction Recovery by Dr. James Slobodzien

Official Review: Stillpoint by James Ross Godbe

Post by bluegreenmarina »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stillpoint" by James Ross Godbe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stillpoint by James Ross Godbe is a vast and encompassing work which attempts to answer some of the questions most crucial to who we are, like ‘How was the universe created’, ‘How did life come to appear on our planet’, and ‘Are there other forms of life in the cosmos?’ Having become interested by a particular mathematical and geometric pattern he kept noticing in relation to the sun, moon, and the earth, the author spent years perusing and compiling various sources of information relating to this “sacred geometry” which has been found only in our solar system.

Throughout this book, Godbe attempts to define this geometry, alternately referred to as the Stillpoint, and provides countless examples of its inexplicable appearance in the orbit and rotation patterns of the sun, moon, earth, and the other planets of our solar system. He similarly identifies the Stillpoint geometry within patterns of nature and even the chemical bonds of water, DNA, and other basic molecules of life. The author then poses a theory to explain these otherwise unimaginable coincidences and relates this explanation back to our own everyday reality to provide context for what he believes our role is in the processes described. Finally, with the knowledge imparted within these pages, the author urges us to take a specific targeted action which he believes will move humanity forward into a new realm of consciousness and save us from the self-destructive path we are otherwise headed down.

Due to the tremendous amount of research imbedded in this book, and the concepts which build upon themselves as the reader progresses, it is a difficult topic to summarize. This is a book for those who read with an open mind, as the concepts within will challenge nearly every rigid or dogmatic social, political, and religious belief. Though some of the conclusions drawn by the author require leaps of logic (or faith), the crux of the message is both simple and mind-blowing. Readers who are drawn to paranormal phenomena such as crop circles and UFOs, as well as in ancient faith systems, eastern religion, astrology, planetary alignment, solar eclipses, and chakras, are also likely to find many points of interest within these pages.

At times the book can be rather dense, as it is loaded with information from a variety of sources, much of it scientific and mathematical. At other times, the author’s urging of the reader toward the particular understanding he holds of this research can seem repetitive, yet he explains in the beginning that he does this purposely in order to ensure the reader does not miss his point. There were a handful of minor typographical errors, though despite these imperfections I found the book highly informative and fascinating. As mentioned above, this is not a book for everyone, yet at the same time the knowledge within can be said to affect every single person on this planet. Despite the occasional presence of obscure math and physics, which a casual reader is forced to take for granted, and despite the author’s tendency to speak with overly enthusiastic conviction about his personal interpretation of the data, I nonetheless learned quite a bit, and had no choice but to examine some of my pre-existing beliefs in light of the information I learned.

Such a challenging and eye-opening read earns a rating of 4 out of 4 stars from me. I would recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in the larger picture of life in our universe, and anyone who is willing to look farther than the basic commonplace “scientific” explanation assigned to our presence here on this planet.

Stillpoint
View: on Bookshelves

Like bluegreenmarina's review? Post a comment saying so!
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Great review, thanks! Sounds like a real mind-expanding trip for those willing to take the plunge. I admire the author for compiling his research in this form to make it available for many to read. Our universe is an endlessly fascinating place.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I've heard of some concepts like this such as irreducible complexity. It sounds like an interesting book, but it's a bit too deep for what I want to read at the moment. I do appreciate the review and the amount of research that went into the book. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
eboneyevette
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by eboneyevette »

I was curious about the book based on the cover picture and the title, wanting to know more about the subject matter, I decided to read the review. Your review was so well written I wanted to curl up with a warm cup of tea and read it.🙂 If you are not a writer you should be..but thanks for your review, I’m looking forward to reading “Stillness”.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I am always amazed at the complexity of creation. To me these "inexplicable appearances" point to a creator. God left his finger prints on the earth for us to find. Great review.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I often find myself wanting answers and needing to know more, find meaning and order in the things that I don't know or understand. The authors focus of the Fibonacci sequence that took the nautilus shell in account for its measurements of patterns found in nature is one way to attempt to find answers. I look forward to reading the details if his theory.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

What a great review. I went through a phase in the 90s when I couldn't get enough sacred geometry. It is mind blowing how the same geometry is found in every form of life. I would love to find out what the author thinks our role is. Thank you for the introduction to this interesting book.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A book that attempts to prove via geometry that an evolved consciousness created our solar system sounds intriguing. It is good that the author researched his subject and gave examples to support his claims. Too bad about the typographical errors. Not for me, but I am glad you found it an eye-opening read. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Strangerthanfiction
Currently Reading: Night Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 304
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangerthanfiction.html

Post by Strangerthanfiction »

Nice review. This concept of sacred geometry is fairly new to me. Having heard a brief talk about it previously it was very interesting and I do want to know more though I think that this kind of heavy intensive reading will be shelved until I can devote enough time to really dig in to the material. Thanks so much for sharing.
“You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.” – Paul Sweeney
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is a non-fiction book about discovery and the geometrical symmetry in the universe. The book is free on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review that highlighted the best the book had to offer. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. Congrats on being the BOTD.
a9436
Currently Reading: The Redbreast
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a9436.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by a9436 »

I have mixed feelings on this one - I love geometry, and find patterns fascinating, but the paranormal does not interest me. I will flick through the free copy before deciding whether to give it a go.
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

I appreciate the amount of research that went into this book. Thanks for the detailed review.
Mariette15
Favorite Author: Patrick Ness
Currently Reading: The Knife of Never Letting Go
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 3220

Post by Mariette15 »

I often read books that try to answer these questions, and although most of them follow a similar pattern, I do not think this one would, as I have never seen an answer to these questions from this perspective. I am honestly excited to read this book, and although the cover had been a bit off-putting for me, I am glad that I read the review. The fibonacci sequence is found everywhere in nature, and maybe in this book, it'll be shown in some fundamental places that will solve some mysteries. Can't wait to read it!
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I love how much thought and effort and research the author did for the book, but sadly I am not interested in this subject matter. I am going to give it a pass.
HannahKD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahkd.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by HannahKD »

This book sounds utterly fascinating, and like a fresh viewpoint from which a person may come to understand both the world around us and the universe in which we all belong. This is also an excellent review, with plenty of detail and the ability to pique my interest in what was being discussed. I will be certainly looking through this book more deeply than just the free preview!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”