Official Review: ADHD can be improved with your bare hands

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: ADHD can be improved with your bare hands

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "ADHD can be improved with your bare hands" by Norio Ando.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

ADHD can be improved with your bare hands by Norio Ando explores the process of relaxing all types of ADHD through the eliciting of relaxed pleasure.

The author first discusses the types of ADHD. He explains that a child with ADHD could be the increased movement type, the stimulation seeking type or they could be highly sensitive to stimulation. The fact that most children experience mixed types of ADHD makes the relaxed pleasure method more effective as it can be used in the treatment of all types of ADHD and not just one specific one. Norio Ando also explains the risk in suppressing hyperactive behavior which may lead to increased levels of irritability. The relaxed pressure method involves the process of using activities that consistently activate and relax the mind. These activities range from body-shaking and jiggling, arm-swinging, using the chasing game and other methods such as relaxation guided by words.

Norio Ando’s work stands out since it includes a type of treatment that could be used with all types of ADHD. His scope is broad enough which renders the book useful to all patients of ADHD. The types of treatment included in the book can also be executed by every caregiver as long as they understand the methods of treatment and they are willing and forbearing enough to work with the patient consistently.

I also liked that the author discourages the suppressing of hyperactive behavior that a child with ADHD experiences. He focuses mainly on a method of treatment that will bring the child pleasure and joy.

The book’s length is short and the language used is simple and can be easily understood by non-experts. Illustrations are used to explain the type of treatment in every part of the book. In the final section, case studies of patients that the author has worked with are included which makes the advice contained easy to understand. One of the studies in the book is that of an eighth grader who had a hard time of concentrating in class as he was usually speaking throughout. The author practiced a cycle of arm wrestling with the boy every time that they met. With time, the boy learned to relax and calmly listen in class.

A few structural and grammatical errors appear in the text. Even so, reading ADHD can be improved with your bare hands by Norio Ando was definitely enlightening. The book is suitable for every caregiver of a child with ADHD. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

ADHD can be improved with your bare hands
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Bluegirl53
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1077

Post by Bluegirl53 »

My daughter hand's ADHD and I know how it is when kids at have ADHD
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Presenting a treatment that can work with all types of ADHD is truly miraculous and beneficial to all ADHD patients. Thanks to the author. I am sorry though about the editorial mistakes. Thank you for a great review of this book.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This sounds very similar to the technique from the recent book of the day regarding Autism. I wonder how similar the two techniques really are. I don't think this is something I can use in my life as I have no children, nor do I really know anyone with ADHD. Thanks for the review though. It does sound interesting.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Like kandscreeley, this reminded me of a couple of other books. I love these newer, kinder treatments that have emerged. Thank you for a great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
Sahar Majid
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahar-majid.html
Latest Review: Iron Crossed by Renata Rose and Phil Rose

Post by Sahar Majid »

The author seems very well informed and a person who knows what they are doing. This can be so useful and so informative for people with an interest in such subjects such as myself. I liked that they used illustrations along with words to ensure that the techniques are better understood. Your review really shows the usefulness of this book. Thank you!
Samson54
Currently Reading: Forgiven
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Samson54 »

Though there are some editorial errors, I must appreciate the author, Norio And for his good work for pointing out the remedy that are effective for all kind of ADHD that are also essential to ADAH patients. Thses are very useful and very important guards.
KaidaYinThyme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaidayinthyme.html
Latest Review: Zelspar and the Magicians by Cheryl Rush Cowperthwait

Post by KaidaYinThyme »

My brother and I have ADHD and actually figured this out for ourselves when we were kids. In public school, we weren't able to "burn off" the energy we felt without punishment and it wasn't fair to us that we were being punished for something we couldn't help. I wish a book like this had been available back then, and that the teachers had more understanding of what we were going through.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”