Official Review: Opus Singularis by robert earl means jr md

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: Opus Singularis by robert earl means jr md

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Opus Singularis" by robert earl means jr md.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Opus Singularis is an in-depth review of Christ written by Robert Earl Means, Jr.

In addition to the Introduction, the book has six chapters with footnotes for references, a Bibliography, and a short synopsis. It presents the author’s personal and subjective interpretation and understanding of the Holy Scriptures.

In a scholarly style of writing with a consistently academic tone, the author answers the questions ‘Who is Christ?’ and ‘What is Christ?’ Moreover, he offers his evaluation of the character of Christ and shares his thoughts on the prophetic references to Christ in the Old Testament. Furthermore, he imparts references to ‘The Obscure Letter of Christ’ explaining the origin of His existence also in the Old Testament and tenders his simplified version of the ministry of Christ.

The book is, basically, interesting and quite intriguing. It covers the birth and ministry of Christ up to his resurrection. More than that, however, the author offers biblical references to Jesus Christ’s appearance prior to His birth as documented in the New Testament. The author shares Bible verses that hint at the presence of Christ at the beginning of the material universe.

The most important part of the book, for me, is the discernible and undeniable passion of the author not only for his subject, Jesus Christ, but also for his mission, to share the story of Jesus, and the good news in general, to everyone. I find it noble and, therefore, laudable. In spite of his apparent passion, however, he does not sound preachy or pushy.

What I like most about the book is the focus on Christ alone. Unlike other non-fiction books that tend to deviate from the subject matter, this book is all about Jesus Christ: His birth, His ministry, His death, His resurrection, and His presence as a celestial being.

Admittedly, I enjoyed reading this book. However, regular Bible readers may not find anything new or anything surprising from this book that they do not know yet or that they have not read yet from other religious materials. Moreover, though I enjoyed the simplified narration of Christ’s ministry, regular Bible readers may still prefer to read the Bible over the simplified version on this book. Furthermore, there are several noticeable errors within the entire book including the use of closing instead of open quotation marks, misspelled words (like obstinence instead of obstinance and versus instead of verses) spelling variation (like Zechariah and Zachariah), sentence fragment, grammatical errors (like whom Jesus was and prayers fosters God’s attention), and other obvious typo errors.

I, therefore, rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. It is passionately written, interesting, and intriguing. I recommend it to those who are new in the Christian faith and who are looking for reading materials and those who want to know more about the life and ministry of Jesus Christ but have no adequate time for in-depth reading of the Bible. It may not have much for regular Bible readers but it may have enough for Christians finding their way to Christ.

Opus Singularis
View: on Bookshelves

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

I find some religious topics insightful and i'd love to try this one about Christ thanks to your review
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Oulababe wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 09:07 I find some religious topics insightful and i'd love to try this one about Christ thanks to your review
You're welcome. I hope you find it enjoyable.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

kimmyschemy06 wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 01:57
Oulababe wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 09:07 I find some religious topics insightful and i'd love to try this one about Christ thanks to your review
You're welcome. I hope you find it enjoyable.
I hope so too

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”