Review by Ad3-Jn4 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ad3-Jn4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ad3-jn4.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by Ad3-Jn4 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Ad3-Jn4 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

who told you that you are naked is the recent finest discovery on the subject of "faith" that transcends extraordinary!. Of course such laudable kudos would always incite critics, I dare say its a necessity for every Christian family to read.

Right from inception, its poetic and colourful background barely made the subject a puzzle. Chronicling how the insatiableness' of man often make him a prey!. Indeed, spiritual and relational death was certainly an eye-opener for me especially in friendship where you cannot afford not to judge in one way or the other. Infact, this would be handy for these current generations of social-media freak that easily censure at will owing to the vast availability of knowledge in their disposal, an anathema considering the fact that "knowledge puff up" something that God terms pride, arrogance and ultimately feeding our rotten knowledge of good and evil nature.

Personally, the message of looking onto Jesus' Christ as a giver of true freedom, triumph over battles against principalities, daily walking with him, and entering into his rest with its rich scriptural referencing and insightful interpretation gets me nostalgic and mesmerized. Even so is the sad reminisced imagery of Adam and Eve regretful aloofness and their purported shamefulness' to behold each other well up tears in my eyes.

Sadly, the fiction lovers would not buy into the academic-like nature and analytical meandering which characterized this noble endeavour! Still the philosophical and creative nous of the artist would appeal greatly to those lovers of instructional and historical books. Moreover, are the thousands and thousands of people struggling with spiritual subjects on Sin, Faith, Death, Communing with God, Curse and Overcoming temptation and demonic affliction! This work is a handy classic that I struggle so hard to identify it's loopholes!.

This work is certainly a 4 out of 4 because it really met many unanswered questions and its arrays of testimonies has strengthened my faith even though if the possibly recollection of Satan posing as an handsome young man and realistically burrowed down the earth in a flash sound much more like in the movie, it's at least gives hope that faith in Christ righteousness as exhibited by the authors wife through faith, I can equally wrought the same victory. Thus, the knowledge of good and evil has been overcome by faith as earlier expected of Adam in the garden and as such Faith and Faith alone is what is required to follow after God!.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ad3-Jn4's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”